2008 Challenger tested by Motortrend

-
Yep and for 09 with a 6sp you get a 3.92, so maybe hi 12s.. Not bad for a smog compliant ride that is almost 4200lbs and meets and exceeds the safety features etc. :read2:

I think maybe a retro steering wheel, and stuff in the 6.4 with 500+hp and make in the 70's other colors, sublime gree, plum crazy purple and real black.

the 08 is expensive yes, but the 09s are coming out this summer and the Brand New hype will die down and one can be had cheaper than an 08. There will be the standard V6, 5.7 RT, 6.1 SRT with both auto and 6 speed manual. if you want a brand new daily driver quality car and you want to go high 12s out of the box, your going to pay the price

And I suppose your daily driver is quicker?...

Probably not...

That's what I thought.

Well my daily driver is my tow vehicle so no to that question..but my duster will eat that thing and the prostock model they tested that ran 11.50 for lunch and spit them back out..and i have no where near the amount of money those cars cost in my duster...

Well my daily driver is my tow vehicle so no to that question..but my duster will eat that thing and the prostock model they tested that ran 11.50 for lunch and spit them back out..and i have no where near the amount of money those cars cost in my duster...

cool but can your duster do anything but go strait, go 60-0 in 110 feet, handle the turns, or just drive to a road course track and smoke the competition.....i love all Dusters but you would have well more than 40k to make it an "all around car" like the Challenger..sorry but its the truth

cool but can your duster do anything but go strait, go 60-0 in 110 feet, handle the turns, or just drive to a road course track and smoke the competition.....i love all Dusters but you would have well more than 40k to make it an "all around car" like the Challenger..sorry but its the truth

Not intersested in taking turns if i was i'd have a zo6 vette parked in the driveway..And the original subject matter of this thread was how the '08 goes 13.1 in the 1/4 mile at a cost of over 40k...big deal !!

Not intersested in taking turns if i was i'd have a zo6 vette parked in the driveway..And the original subject matter of this thread was how the '08 goes 13.1 in the 1/4 mile at a cost of over 40k...big deal !!

but at 40k it can do everything else too..thats what im getting at

And the new Challenger wasn't built with the same intentions that your Duster was built for so I don't think anyone here knows what you're drawing your comparisons to. I would think that $40k is right in the range for a 13.1 sec 1/4 mi daily driver. Try applying an apples to apples comparison versus a "well it's not my 11.01 sec 416 Duster so it sucks" approach.

And a Z06 costs $80k+. I could have a Duster built to outhandle and outmuscle a Z06 for half that amount.

"well it's not my 11.01 sec 416 Duster so it sucks" approach.

Your implying that not me...as for the comment on the new mustang,i'd rather own one of them...should be fun when i roll up next to one of those new challengers at a stoplight with the duster,the owner is going to be wondering how come his new 40k+ investment is still sitting there and the orange duster that was right next to him is a block away already..lol....he'll be going back to the dealer to complain how slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww it is...lol....

Your implying that not me...as for the comment on the new mustang,i'd rather own one of them...should be fun when i roll up next to one of those new challengers at a stoplight with the duster,the owner is going to be wondering how come his new 40k+ investment is still sitting there and the orange duster that was right next to him is a block away already..lol....he'll be going back to the dealer to complain how slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww it is...lol....

I curious as to what Mustang you are comparing it too. If you say Shelby, keep in mind the Shelby is at a $5k price point HIGHER than the SRT8. Since we are referring to $ value. Now you are saying you would pay $45k to run high 12's? It's still slower than your Duster.

And I doubt you'll be blowing the Challenger away in your Duster. 2 reasons...

1) you don't street race - justifiable
2) you claim to have a street car but you hardly drive on the street. I'm sure that Challenger owner will be lauuuuuughing at you while he's cruising 70 mph to the track and getting 18 mpg while your cruising 60 mph over 3000 rpms at 10 mpg.

Would you like to keep going...? LOL!:toothy10:

And YES...this comment was meant for you...

I curious as to what Mustang you are comparing it too. If you say Shelby, keep in mind the Shelby is at a $5k price point HIGHER than the SRT8. Since we are referring to $ value. Now you are saying you would pay $45k to run high 12's? It's still slower than your Duster.

And I doubt you'll be blowing the Challenger away in your Duster. 2 reasons...

1) you don't street race - justifiable
2) you claim to have a street car but you hardly drive on the street. I'm sure that Challenger owner will be lauuuuuughing at you while he's cruising 70 mph to the track and getting 18 mpg while your cruising 60 mph over 3000 rpms at 10 mpg.

Would you like to keep going...? LOL!:toothy10:

And YES...this comment was meant for you...

Yes,i don't street race but i will make an exception in this matter,just to see the expression on the owners face when his new high dollar car gets smoked!!..and he can laugh all the way to track if he wants,i'll be the one doing the laughing when he stages next to me at the track:-D:-D lol...

Yes,i don't street race but i will make an exception in this matter,just to see the expression on the owners face when his new high dollar car gets smoked!!..and he can laugh all the way to track if he wants,i'll be the one doing the laughing when he stages next to me at the track:-D:-D lol...

lol....sure you might get ahead until you have to dodge a pothole....challenger is a much better car all around....no argument...any car can be made to go fast....straight.....

any car can be made to go fast....straight.....

Sorry not true..it takes a combination of parts and the knowledge to know how to make all those parts work together to get a car from point "a "to point "b"in the fastest time,some guys know how to some don't...

To me it is just a 300C with retro sheetmetal on it. It just doesn't do anything for me. Esp for the price. I will keep driving my mundane 04 Mustang. Payments are 0/month, it is a 2 dr, it gets good gas mileage, handles pretty good and will tow my bikes.
If I want to tow something bigger (like the Dart), out comes the Dakota R/T.
If I want to go real fast and have good mileage, the I bring out the big gun.

P8261961.jpg

You know I can honestly say that I was planning on buying one next year, that was until I saw the interior. WHAT THE HELL WAS CHRYSLER THINKING. The steering wheel is right out of the 300 and Charger along with the dash, switches and radio. That dumb assed auto shift is a piece of crap, and yes I have driven many 300's, Chargers and Magnums as rental cars but I would never own one mainly because of that crappy interior.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Terry

Here is another review. This one is from Edmunds.com by Joe Oldham

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=125459?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1.*

Here is a quote from his review:

Just Stomp and Steer
Our test car is a rocket ship on the drag strip, too, recording a quarter-mile of 13.2 seconds at 107.5 mph — ironically, nearly identical to the runs I once made in an original Hemi Challenger in 1970. The new car's 0-60-mph time of 5.1 seconds (4.8 seconds with 1 foot of rollout like on a drag strip) is right on, compared to factory claims.

An interesting fact not to be overlooked is the quarter-mile trap speed of this car. Both the 1970 426-cubic-inch Hemi and the 2008 370-cubic-inch Hemi are rated at 425 hp. But the '08 car is 647 pounds heavier. As the quarter-mile speeds of these cars are almost purely a function of horsepower-to-weight ratio, you have to wonder which horsepower rating is fiction.

-
Back