2010!! here I come

-
My uncle took me into a bar to shoot pool when I was around 6 years old, Mom had a major fit. (1966ish) (got a pic somewhere)
It's a great sport!

Great looking pup, How about Ron for a name.

"Here comes Mike, Ron and The Viking in that Valiant, hide the chalk."

Good times coming up, I'd say that you have doubled down!!! :cheers:

Buddy and Ron, Hmmmmm

LCjeff

Hey Mike, I figured at this point in life you'd have pretty good ball control.

Billy
I blamed it on the pool table hehe :-D

......and Mike, you can send that pool cue to PO Box 1-IWantit, Zephyrhills Fl........c/o good 'ol Pastor Tom.

I promise I'll take GOOD care of her fer' ya'. 8)
I think I will keep this one for a while Tom :-D Thank you bud :happy10:

My uncle took me into a bar to shoot pool when I was around 6 years old, Mom had a major fit. (1966ish) (got a pic somewhere)
It's a great sport!

Great looking pup, How about Ron for a name.

"Here comes Mike, Ron and The Viking in that Valiant, hide the chalk."

Good times coming up, I'd say that you have doubled down!!! :cheers:

Buddy and Ron, Hmmmmm

LCjeff
Not a bad idea Jeff, Ron Mason owned the cue for a long time and ran a pool hall here in 1970 to 2003 8)
My pup is responding to Buddy already :-D

LMAO @ PO Box 1-IWantIt

Tom, do you need a cue?

Ohhhhhh dang it! I knew Billy and I both having FABO names would become troublesome. Didn't realize he was signed in. My bad :-(

Leanna

I hear ya Mike!

You a pool shark? You can make some good money shooting pool. Let them win the first couple of games. That gets there confidence up and they start betting hard. Then that's when you slam it to them!

LMAO @ PO Box 1-IWantIt

Tom, do you need a cue?

Ohhhhhh dang it! I knew Billy and I both having FABO names would become troublesome. Didn't realize he was signed in. My bad :-(

Leanna
:toothy10:
I hear ya Mike!

You a pool shark? You can make some good money shooting pool. Let them win the first couple of games. That gets there confidence up and they start betting hard. Then that's when you slam it to them!
No pool shark opportunity yet mullin :happy10: Maybe a few free frosted mugs in the past :happy10:

"The Hilltop Hustler" or "Jonesboro Slim" I haven't decided yet!! Take no prisoners Memike!! I'm know you can do it.

"The Hilltop Hustler" or "Jonesboro Slim" I haven't decided yet!! Take no prisoners Memike!! I'm know you can do it.

Hilltop Hustler would fit better Vic I got on the scales today an I am up to 188lb's all 5'7 of me :toothy10: Thank you, It was good to have Treva there and she seen me at work =P~ I was on you could say 8)

How did I miss those till now Wylde1 :cheers: I remember watching that old show Dick Van Dyke and Pall New man did one not long ago, He found a young gun and he showed him the ropes and almost took his girl =P~
Thank you for sharing :-D We enjoyed it very much bud

Well :-D I looked this old thread up to announce that a amateur league team called me to join there team :cheers: know I don't have to wait till June :cheers:
I got the call today to join Hogans Pool Shooters :-D
I must have made a good impression at the last three open 8 ball tournaments :toothy10:
Having a cold BL and all fired up for tomorrow's first show at 7pm :cheers:
I just had to let everyone know I am following this though :happy10:
Thank you for your support gang :-D

Mike, that's some awesome news!!! I figured it wouldn't take you too long to get back in the swing of things. It's probably helping with your back and shoulder too, huh?

I'm sure you will be a great asset to Hogans Pool Shooters! Go take them to the top of the league my friend .... I'll be cheering you on from here.

Mike, that's some awesome news!!! I figured it wouldn't take you too long to get back in the swing of things. It's probably helping with your back and shoulder too, huh?

I'm sure you will be a great asset to Hogans Pool Shooters! Go take them to the top of the league my friend .... I'll be cheering you on from here.
Thank you Leanna :happy10: After shooting on the Tuesday night open tournaments my neck is a little sore but that just muscles I have to use to get down on my cue and is good therapy :cheers:
Hogan's has a great team already and the team was full is what I was told at first and it sure made my day to get that phone call to invite me to join them :-D:-D:-D I can't wait to meet everyone :happy10:

Good luck memike. Unfortunately for me, I was never that great at it. I did however grow up in Mississippi with Reed Pierce who won the US Open nine ball title in 1995.

Good lookin' stick! I have a couple 21oz. sticks that I haven't used since I moved from Michigan. Used to be I'd go out with a few friends, have a few beers and shoot some pool. Here in the outskirts of Portland.....the bars suck, pool halls are over priced and I only talk to 2 of my old friends lol. Need to get back into the game myself.

Good luck memike. Unfortunately for me, I was never that great at it. I did however grow up in Mississippi with Reed Pierce who won the US Open nine ball title in 1995.
I am looking forward to upgrading my game dustetogo 8) I think practice and spending as much time around the table will get me ranked :-D I will find out tonight where they start me out, I bet you seen some good shooting in Mississippi :happy10: I will have to look Reed Pierce up and read up on him one day 8)

Good lookin' stick! I have a couple 21oz. sticks that I haven't used since I moved from Michigan. Used to be I'd go out with a few friends, have a few beers and shoot some pool. Here in the outskirts of Portland.....the bars suck, pool halls are over priced and I only talk to 2 of my old friends lol. Need to get back into the game myself.
I hope you take the time to enjoy it again soon Fishy :happy10: I understand about the NO POOL HALLS :-D We had a good one here called Shooters, But got closed down :munky2: something about some gameing machines they had :stop:
I drive 12 miles to the next town up the road and they have 4 real good places to shoot and a few bad ones, Jonesboro has no pool halls here not unless you want to shoot at the Moose or Elks lodge :profilel:
Hard to believe in a 55k town

That was a cool video I have never seen :cheers: Thank you for sharing that with me homecloned :happy10: I seen where George put his had on top of the other mans cue and wiped his chalk off:-D

Yes memike, that was classic. The other man is Bo Diddly. :rock: This was a great one from George. It goes back to MTV's early days when they actually played videos.8)

Good luck this season Mike. I used to play in the Budwieser Tournament Series years ago back in Chicago. IIRC I was ranked a 6 or a 7. The guys who were ranked an 8 or up were would clear the table if I missed a single ball. It was tough competion. I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be and play very little now, maybe a couple games a year. I like to have a beer or two when I play and I'm scared to death to drive with even one beer in my gut.

What a great cue too! I always used house cues and never brought in my own but always wanted one.

Yes memike, that was classic. The other man is Bo Diddly. :rock: This was a great one from George. It goes back to MTV's early days when they actually played videos.8)
I just figured out that was Bo Diddly after thinking about who that black man was :cheers: Thank you for sharing that one :cheers: MTV was going on in the day when it seemed like all I did was raise my children and worked two job's 8) And spent any of my extra time with my E bodies :happy10:

Good luck this season Mike. I used to play in the Budwieser Tournament Series years ago back in Chicago. IIRC I was ranked a 6 or a 7. The guys who were ranked an 8 or up were would clear the table if I missed a single ball. It was tough competion. I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be and play very little now, maybe a couple games a year. I like to have a beer or two when I play and I'm scared to death to drive with even one beer in my gut.

What a great cue too! I always used house cues and never brought in my own but always wanted one.
Thank you Joe 8) I can't believe Ron Masons old cue ended up in my hands :love7: I have been here for over 35 years and the first date I took Treva to was Ron's Pool Hall here in town.
He was a great 9 ball man in this part of the country and a real good fellow with two VERY cute daughters about 2 years younger than me when I was 18.
He kept 4 tournament size tables and and 6 bar room tables going all the time and you did not plug them with quarters you rented them :cheers:
He stayed in business they say for over 40 years he in Jonesboro and closed in 1997 :happy10: for a no beer town he did real good and many pool players would show up from everywhere to play at his tournaments he put on.
This is something I need to do for myself Joe, I miss competition of any kind and domino's just was not getting it :-D

This is something I need to do for myself Joe, I miss competition of any kind and domino's just was not getting it :-D

Lol, it must be good to get off the hill now and again and have some contact and competition. Go for it Mike and keep us updated. 8) let us know what you're rated at so I know wether to shoot pool with you if we ever get a chance to meet. :)

To add to this 2010 here I come thread I am looking for a new friend to fill my life after loosing my friend Socket last year
Here is a pup that was pick up on a dead end gravel road that a friend lives on and some one dumped him there and the lows was 15 degrees outside and the pup could barely move and shivering
I have told him and his wife I will be over as soon as they call me so I can pick him up :cheers: They think he is about 7 weeks to 8 weeks old

Hopefully this will be my new bud :love7: I am waiting for the phone call :love7:

I hope you get that pup.....I also hope whoever put that puppy out ought to have to go out to a dead end road and be kicked out in 0 weather with out a coat and see how it feels.......Thats the stuff that sets me off.
Thank the good lord somebody picked him/her up.:cheers:

Lol, it must be good to get off the hill now and again and have some contact and competition. Go for it Mike and keep us updated. 8) let us know what you're rated at so I know wether to shoot pool with you if we ever get a chance to meet. :)
I hope a day comes when we can share a cold one and enjoy a few games and share some good ol memories one day :cheers:
I just took Buddy out to do his duty and them it was Boogies turn 8)
As soon as I return I will let everyone know what I learned about this and how they rank me :happy10: I have never been on a league before so this will be a new experience for me :cheers: Know it's time to get the bed clothes washed and get on my feet :-D

Just had to share a good night last night :cheers:
I got called to the table to play a lady that went to Vagas last year and our team captain told me she would have to beat me four time so just do my best and enjoy :happy10: She is a 7 and I am a 5 know, I won game two and game 4 and the other team said everyone had to keep a score sheet filled out to get me ranked correctly :read2: Being new :angry7:I did not have a clue how to do this so the captain and his wife help us, It seems I shoot my best under pressure and there was discussion of the new player Mike S, memike
Learning allot and moving forward :happy10:
I did not let her beauty take me off my game, Low cut blouse and a Hottie about 40 years old and very sweet =P~

Just had to share a good night last night :cheers:
I got called to the table to play a lady that went to Vagas last year and our team captain told me she would have to beat me four time so just do my best and enjoy :happy10: She is a 7 and I am a 5 know, I won game two and game 4 and the other team said everyone had to keep a score sheet filled out to get me ranked correctly :read2: Being new :angry7:I did not have a clue how to do this so the captain and his wife help us, It seems I shoot my best under pressure and there was discussion of the new player Mike S, memike
Learning allot and moving forward :happy10:
I did not let her beauty take me off my game, Low cut blouse and a Hottie about 40 years old and very sweet =P~

And where are the pics?

Congrats bud! :cheers: You should be bringing home the gold here real soon.

-
Back