2011 5.0 Mustang

-

mikedevore

Reaction score
I watched one run this weekend at Tulsa Raceway Park.
We had good air & great traction.
2011 5.0 Stang manual trans with slicks = 13.71
2010 SS Camero with tuner, slicks, headers, t/convertor = 12.39
2009 Jeep SRT w/exh. tuner & street tires = 12.46
My old Demon can be duplicated for 10k = 11.23

whoever was driving the stang got horrible times with the slicks lol it usually runs high 12's with street tires.

whoever was driving the stang got horrible times with the slicks lol it usually runs high 12's with street tires.

He didn't seem to have a problem with it. This isn't his first rodeo. He also had his 2009 Stang there as well. It has several mods & ran 11.70's.

I always wait to see what anything runs in real life. I only use magazine tests as a guide.
I havn't seen any of the bad-*** V-6 Camaro's get out of the 15-second range yet (2 of them @ TRP).
Magazine people have an agenda, show the product in a positive light. If not, lose the advertising dollars.
It's getting harder to even read any tech articles in the magazines, with out using their advertisers parts. Give me articles with real world componets & unprepped cars picked at random.

Here is a guy on street tires. 13.6 says second run.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvEHZSOsHss"]YouTube - Stock 2011 Mustang GT 1/4 mile times[/ame]

Here is another stock one... watch second car
13.43 on stock tires.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wo-2szvBTE&feature=related"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang 5.0 1/4 mile[/ame]

What? No 12 -second magazine car. Maybe they were V-6 cars. LOL.
The automatic may be the way to go, seems considerbly quicker than the stick.
Two examples of customer randon bought cars + the one I watched, looks like a pattern to me.
I rest my case. LOL

I always wait to see what anything runs in real life. I only use magazine tests as a guide.

up here the 5.0 spanks both the Camaro SS and the SRT-8 Challenger (stock-for-stock) at the Race City strip in Calgary. Not sure of the times off-hand, but know that the 5.0 is def. faster than the other two.
Can only imagine what the comparable Mustang (the GT500) would do to the other two high-end performance cars lol.

I don't really care about who outruns what. My point is, there is preceived performace & reallity performace.
The Challenger is never going to be the King of the moutain in the Pony car wars unless it loses 5-700 LBS.
The Mustang is the lightest of the three, you don't need the most HP when your the lightest.
The Camaro's havn't really impressed me, I was expecting them to give the Ford's a good run. Havn't seen it yet.
The Challenger is a bigger car, it will seat 4 adults comfortly & has a usable trunk.
Dodge is having no problem selling them even if it's not the King of the hill.
However, people in my age group seem to be buying & enjoying them, 40 to 60.
It's a quick & comfortable car with great looks.
Out of the ones listed, I would rather be driving the JEEP SRT. That's one bad-*** Sport UTE!

Many guys over on the Mustang forums are running in the 12s with nothing more than drag radials for their 2011 5.0s. A friend of mine has a new Camaro SS 6 spd and the best he could get was 13.9 out of it stock on the original tires and he is an experiened driver. I don't think all the Camaros are that slow but his was. And I agree that the magazines get cars that are tweaked by the factory to upp the sales. That has been going on for decades.

I watched one run this weekend at Tulsa Raceway Park.
We had good air & great traction.
2011 5.0 Stang manual trans with slicks = 13.71
2010 SS Camero with tuner, slicks, headers, t/convertor = 12.39
2009 Jeep SRT w/exh. tuner & street tires = 12.46
My old Demon can be duplicated for 10k = 11.23

lol.. now take them all for a nice 400 mile cruise and what ones will drive,handle,stop better, be more comfortable and do better on gas?

motor untouched, slicks and a southside type bar on it.. oh and rear exhaust. i shot the video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAUgJnHaQRw&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - 20100506113412.wmv[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0JrsKskcSE&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - 20100506102123.wmv[/ame]

lol.. now take them all for a nice 400 mile cruise and what ones will drive,handle,stop better, be more comfortable and do better on gas?

lol! x2! i have a 1969 GTX clone to finish,but if i can sell it,i'll get an srt8 challenger.

I bet this cost less than 10k too haha

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhVhY_BAHJ0"]YouTube - 8 sec gokart[/ame]

Maybe the V6s they sell in Canada are a different spec than the US ones, but the ones around here get into the high 13s stock. Why wouldn't they? the old late 80's 5.0 could could do it with 80 less HP than the V6 has.

You read my mind! :joker: It'll probably have less rust, too. :booty:

Different strokes for different folks.

You can also wait 5 years and pick up a 2011 Mustang for $10K. Best deal around! :toothy7:

-
Back