2012 Mopar Nats Meet and Greet

-
Ian and I were in the car corral when my brother called and asked if I was going to the M&G and we hustled over. I'll bet we walked right by y'all and never noticed because we were in a hurry and I thought Stevens had the whole corner and you were up by the gate!!!DOH!! Geof

Ian and I were in the car corral when my brother called and asked if I was going to the M&G and we hustled over. I'll bet we walked right by y'all and never noticed because we were in a hurry and I thought Stevens had the whole corner and you were up by the gate!!!DOH!! Geof

I walked by it like 3 times.. I too thought Stevens had the whole corner.. And to make matters worse, when I was looking for the M&G some dude parked his truck right in front of it to load parts.. thank God for the FABO banner, or I would've never found it LOL

I wish I could have stayed longer... The track was down cause a guys in a duster lost the rad hose and nosed the car into the wall so it was a good chance to get over to the M&G. When they started up again I wanted to make sure I got back before they ran Pro for our last TT. Oh well got to meet a few of you and some other great guys over the weekend.

All in all it was a pretty good event. We wont do it every year because its not very racer friendly. Since it was the year of the truck we thought we'd come down. It would be a lot better if they weren't so worried about getting out of there for 6pm and they ran a gamblers race on the Friday and Saturday evenings.

Dad went .002 red first round. It was an easy win the way the other guy ran but that's racing. A real heart breaker after how great the truck worked. It ran an 11.23 and 11.24 again on Sunday, identical to Saturdays passes.

I took some video of some different stuff going on along with some of us. I'll post it up soon as I can.

I'd like to see some video. This was one of those years where I didn't get around much. Other than dodging raindrops (no pun intended on the "dodge") There seemed to be a lot of activity in the swap area. Glad to meet you! tmm

Here's a shot of the dandy banner that 2 darts made for the occasion. He did a great job on it and one for a friend who hauls my butt to the Nats every year. Thanks Mike (2darts)

Attachments

• 001@25%.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 188
Here's Joe's Challenger

Attachments

• Mopar Nats 007@25%.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 191
Here's a shot of the dandy banner that 2 darts made for the occasion. He did a great job on it and one for a friend who hauls my butt to the Nats every year. Thanks Mike (2darts)

Dog gone it. I went thru the whole swap meet area looking for a banner. I figured you might have something up. Never saw it.

Nice banner 2 Darts!

Ma Snart

I had it on the fence at the back of the spot under a canopy because of the rain. I should have left it up all weekend. Next year I need a sign at the front of the space near the aisle. Hope to see you next year. tmm

Without everybody officially signing a guest book this is what I came up with. I tried to check everyone off the list as they came but it seemed a bunch came all together. If I missed someone, sorry. Let me know so I can put you on the list. A few spouses came too. The spelling's might not be correct. I needed to be clearer on the directions and have a sign out by the lane. Next year! LOL

Sobiecam
JerrysABodies
SpeedracerX
DartSport360
70408dart
19again
KingMopar
Motorhead446
3rdLM23P9
MoparDerek
toolmanmike
Keegan71
KrazyKuda

Without everybody officially signing a guest book this is what I came up with. I tried to check everyone off the list as they came but it seemed a bunch came all together. If I missed someone, sorry. Let me know so I can put you on the list. A few spouses came too. The spelling's might not be correct. I needed to be clearer on the directions and have a sign out by the lane. Next year! LOL

Sobiecam
JerriesABodies
Speedracer
DartSport360
70408dart
19again
KingMopar
Motorhead446
3rdLM23P9
MoparDerek
toolmanmike
Kegan71
Krazykuda
Fixed it

I'd like to see some video. This was one of those years where I didn't get around much. Other than dodging raindrops (no pun intended on the "dodge") There seemed to be a lot of activity in the swap area. Glad to meet you! tmm

Sorry Mike- got tied up and never found you guys... but did meet a few members along the way. Had my FABO tshirt on and got stopped by a few members. Also stopped by a few non-members who said, "hey, thats a great site... theres a lot of knowledgeable people in there..." :prayer:

Took some pics that Ill try to post over the week. Heres a video (not great) of a cool Cuda wheelstand:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37kFsICrEiU&feature=youtu.be"]2012 Mopar Nats Cuda wheelstand - YouTube[/ame]

Here's a shot from SpeedracerX

Attachments

• mnats15.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 159
Dang it! went by your space 3 times looking for you friday and saturday and couldn't see you. Sorry I missed out. Dang Stevens blocked our view!

Hey Toolman, It was great to put so faces with names. The wife and I enjoyed the time we spent with ya.. Next year some of us need to bring some Hot Dogs and a grill and entice a few more members to stop by and say hey.. Those of us that live close could do that without any issue.. Did the member with the dart finally get it going so he could get home??

Nineteen Again... LOL!!! 19...

Hey Toolman, It was great to put so faces with names. The wife and I enjoyed the time we spent with ya.. Next year some of us need to bring some Hot Dogs and a grill and entice a few more members to stop by and say hey.. Those of us that live close could do that without any issue.. Did the member with the dart finally get it going so he could get home??

Nineteen Again... LOL!!! 19...

I still say you just like saying '19 again' LOL .. Yeah we got my Dart running again thank god (see post #71 in this thread) and we made it back without any other issues.. It was great to meet you, and I had a blast.. wish I could've stayed a bit longer.. I already cant wait til next year.. Keep in touch..

For those who don't get it I'm definetely not 19... But it does have a nice ring to it...sorta rolls off the tongue real easy.. LOL!!!! I went back and read the post, so glad to see you made it home "SpeedracerX". I found about 1/2 of the parts I came looking for before the rain hit. One of the other highlites we had was as the wife and I were walking thru the Legendary tent at the end where all the guys sit to take your order. Dan Woods came walking in getting ready to go to the oposite end of the tent to sign autographs, there was a long line that had been there for quite awhile. I had my little notepad I keep so I don't forget what I'm looking for in parts and I asked Dan if he would sign it....and he did! Opposite page of Mr Norms, needless to say I think there were a few people who were a "tad bit" twisted cause they had been waiting.. Me.... I just felt (you guessed it...) Nineteen Again!!.....LMAO!!

For those who don't get it I'm definetely not 19... But it does have a nice ring to it...sorta rolls off the tongue real easy.. LOL!!!! I went back and read the post, so glad to see you made it home "SpeedracerX". I found about 1/2 of the parts I came looking for before the rain hit. One of the other highlites we had was as the wife and I were walking thru the Legendary tent at the end where all the guys sit to take your order. Dan Woods came walking in getting ready to go to the oposite end of the tent to sign autographs, there was a long line that had been there for quite awhile. I had my little notepad I keep so I don't forget what I'm looking for in parts and I asked Dan if he would sign it....and he did! Opposite page of Mr Norms, needless to say I think there were a few people who were a "tad bit" twisted cause they had been waiting.. Me.... I just felt (you guessed it...) Nineteen Again!!.....LMAO!!

Well to all the people that may have been a 'tad bit twisted', just chalk it up to being in the right place at the right time LOL .. And thats cool you got Mr Norms autograph too.. I met him last year at the Nats and got him to sign my Tach that I had just purchased.. This year when I saw him again, I showed him a picture of the Tach mounted in my Dart, he seemed to get a kick out of that.. he's definitely a cool dude..

When I called Cosgig I was probably right in front of you guys and didnt see a banner. I was mulling in the area, oh well next year. A banner and a mega-phone would be helpful!!

When I called Cosgig I was probably right in front of you guys and didnt see a banner. I was mulling in the area, oh well next year. A banner and a mega-phone would be helpful!!

I hope so... I was looking forward to talking blue Darts LOL

Hey TMM, I had a great time meeting you and everyone at the Abodies tent. Looks like you got a picture of me signing the banner. UGH! Anyway, hope to see you guys next year and thanks a million for the hat that you gave up. I put it in the Valiant to wear on cruises. Jerry

You bet Jerry! Nice to meet you all. A great group. Next year I will be more visible. Our space got moved closer to the gate and was hard to see past the truck and trailer. tmm

-
Back