2013 Peach City Beach Cruise - lots of pictures

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
This past weekend Carmen and I drove my Dart the 12 hour round trip to the Peach City Beach Cruise in Penticton, BC. Everything went well except for a gas gauge which didn't work, because one of the copper lines in the circuit board melted.
We drove up with a friend of mine who just bought a nice 72 Dart, /6 auto. We slept in Merritt, and in the morning went to the gas station to fill up. While there, Bruce (scatpacknorth) showed up in his cool 69 Dart with a couple of his friends, one in a 68 Mustang coupe - 289, and the other in a 69 El Camino - 454. The El Camino's starter wire melted on the header, so I spent a couple hours under the car with Kim, the owner, fixing the problem. After that, we were good to do the rest of the drive.

Favorite line of the weekend.. A guy and his 2 sons looking at my Dart as I fire it up, the dad says, "Son, if you had a car like that, you might get yourself a girlfriend!"

Anyways, hope everyone likes the pics.

Small block Rambler

1963 Acadian

1973 Dart Sport, 340 4 speed, numbers matching. The young guy totally restored the car with his dad.

Love this old Buick.

472 Hemi.

Very nice 71 Dart, but had a 70 rear bumper with hood scoops and a 340.

Very cool Ford.

The wood was painted on.

This is the 69 El Camino I crawled under for 2 hours to make sure it got to the show.

Ragtop Lincoln Continental with suicide doors.

Plymouth Concord with a big block.

This cool Thunderbird concept car was there. The guy said he bought it from an auction, so I can only imagine what he paid for it. Very cool car though, and he even drove it through the cruise.

The Blues Brothers act was there again.

Kailan's newly acquired 72 Dart alongside mine.

Took a couple pics of my Dart. Some guy was telling his wife that it was a 1969 1/2, because I had the 1969 1/2 dash. He said the 72+ style dash was what they used in 1970, and that I was wrong and that my info was wrong. He then said that he as well had a Dart Custom, but he said it was a very rare model, called the Dart Custom LT, which he claimed meant it was lighter than other Darts. Hahah.. ya ok.

Sweet Fargo van!

The Auction cars.

This Dart is from Vancouver Island, and was at the show at the auction.

This cool Belvedere went for $1500.

Very cool SURVIVOR Hemi Coronet.

All glass with a 392.

This would be a lot of fun.

Somewhere in there was a Ford.

This Buick wagon had a bunch of stickers all over the windows, showing where they've driven, all over Canada and the US, including Alaska. The bug screen up front still had the original tag, stating it was for a Buick of it's year.

That's all, hope you enjoyed.

great photos mike---kim was very gratefull for your help on his el camino and would like to pass on his thanks.
hope you had a safe trip back and look forward to seeing you next year.....thanks for the fabo sticker
bruce

ok, why paint the block, heads and intake and leave everything else looking like crap. you already ruined the survivor look of it, may as well finish up under there at this point..

100_zps4c8dcd18.jpg

very good pics...I didn't know that the early Arcadian came as a convert..and was the first car a StratoChief or a Parisienne ..I have a hard time telling the 2 apart.

ian

Well if I don't gap on the date I will probably go , I love shows where I am the only 2nd gen Barracuda .

-
Back