2014 Lost Creek Racway Pro champion

-

gumper

Reaction score
We had the last of 12 points races for the season at our local track this weekend. Went into the race in fourth place, 3 rounds behind the leader (we had a very tight battle for first between the four of us all season). I had been mentally preparing myself to dominate this last race for two weeks, and it all fell like this: The four of us won the first round, so the points spread stayed the same. The second round I raced the #1 points guy, and took him out in a fairly tight race that was won at the tree. The #2 and #3 guys both lost in the second round as well, so that opened the door for me to get to #1 so long as I kept cool. Round three I had a bye due to how the ladder was set, so that got me into round four which was also the semi finals. I won the semi against a Coronet which put me into first place in the points by 1 show-up point (the track gives everyone who shows up each weekend 101 points). My opponent in the final, who was driving a beautiful Demon, couldn't quite catch me at the top end. I won the Pro class for the day, and that was just icing on the cake of grabbing the championship for the year. I started the year with the attitude that we were going to win the points chase, and kept the positive vibe going through to the final race. Very proud of my pump-gas street car taking the championship from all the dedicated race cars.
IMG_20140920_095300_399.jpg

70aarcuda, I'll be at the spring fling next year. There's half a dozen of racers from up here that go down there every year. Do you go to that event? I figure since I'm on a roll I better see if I can win a big event.

It certainly is nice to finish the season on a high note. Makes the winter more bearable.

Awesome! x2...

Man, you went into the last race behind in points & got it done.....

Congrats! :thumbrig:

70aarcuda, I'll be at the spring fling next year. There's half a dozen of racers from up here that go down there every year. Do you go to that event? I figure since I'm on a roll I better see if I can win a big event.

did not go last year as I was busy fixing a rear end..2014 was the 1st spring fling bracket race in vegas...

Hmm, must be confusing that with the thanksgiving event which half a dozen went to before.

yes....thanksgiving race has been going on for years..

-
Back