2015 Hellcat Charger - 204MPH Top End!!!

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
* Bigger, heavier and more interior room than the new Hellcat Challenger
* Same 707HP Hemi
* 8-speed Torqueflite only (for now)
* Quicker (0.2 sec.) in the quarter-mile than the Hellcat Challenger (per Chrysler)
* Higher top speed than the Hellcat Challenger (per Chrysler)

HELL OF A 'FAMILY CAR'!!!
Way to go (again), Dodge! //

Check out the article and pics:
http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/take-closer-look-2015-dodge-charger-srt-hellcat/

I seen it at the Woodward dream cruise and I thought it was quite badass.

I'm just hoping they drop one in the export 300, we don't get the Charger or Challenger here in Aus.

I like it. In fact, I like it better than the Challenger. At least it has a usable back seat.

....For some reason, when it comes to the Chargers, I don't have a problem with the extra doors.

Pretty shocking Car, but Ma Mopar really dropped the ball by keeping the HellCat Charger a 4 Door. :finga: It would have really have knocked everybody on their *** if the HellCat version was put out as a 2 Door Version. Only the HellCat version.
They actually make a 2 Door conversion for these cars, which looks total BADASS, but must be terribly expensive.
:cya:

Attachments

• charger NEW 2 door.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 149
They already have a 2 door hellcat. It's called Challenger. Why compete with yourself?

Pretty sure Dodge (and cheby and ford) is no stranger to competing with themselves.

That's like saying "Well, there's already a 426 Hemi in the Dodge Chargers. We don't need to put one in the Plymouth Barracuda too."

Or "Dodge already has a Four Door Dart and a 2 Door GTS or Swinger, Plymouth doesn't need to have both of those too, so lets just offer a Four Door Valiant only."

Or "We already sell a 4WD Dodge Truck, we don't need to produce Jeeps and SUV's with 4WD too." (Note, I'm not being mean with these examples. It's a bit of humor to show how boring the car world would be if car companies didn't "compete" with themselves)

Variety, it's what makes the car hobby enjoyable. :D Otherwise everyone would be driving around identical boxes with wheels and the exact same engine in every single box.

That's great it can hit 204, but the real question is where are they going to govern/limit it's top end to?

Pretty sure Dodge (and cheby and ford) is no stranger to competing with themselves.

That's like saying "Well, there's already a 426 Hemi in the Dodge Chargers. We don't need to put one in the Plymouth Barracuda too."

It's nothing like that, at all. The Charger ( probably mis-named. Should have been called a "Magnum Sedan") ) is a 4 door sedan, the Challenger is a 2 door. Two very different animals, that share little besides a drive train.
The do not compete with each other.

Back in the day when the, so called, "Big Three" ruled the roost, there was plenty of room for clones in both brands. That time is long past, and the American manufacturers can no longer afford to compete with them selves for market share.

Ford and Chrysler did do things a little different from GM, though. Where Foord and Chrysler shared corporate engines, transmissions, and rear ends, platforms and bodies, GM shared platforms, but that was about it. Before GM homogenized each of their brands Caddy, Olds, Buick Chevy, and Pontiac had unique engines. Each of GM's brands had it's own drive train. That's why, if you look at an older GM repair manual, you see so many different engine displacements. 502 Caddies, 455 Buick, 454 Chevy ( and they did not share internal parts, either. 326 Pontiac was not the same engine as a 327 Chevy.

GM finally realized, as Ford and Chrysler realized decades earlier that have one of each size of corporate engine for all their brands to share was more economical. That is precisely the reasoning behind Chrysler's 4 door Charger and 2 door Challenger. They do not compete.

How many times have were heard that there will be a new 'Cuda? WHy? WHat purpose would it serve. Except for a grill and a rear fascia, it would be exactly the same as the Challenger. It would cost more to produce, even if run on the same assembly line, as they would have t produce the "Cuda" body parts,and script,... Chrysler can no longer afford to blow that kind of money.

A 2 door Charger would cost tons to produce, and and not add enough customers to validate the expenditure. Plus, it would compete with both existing cars. Not a good business decision.

Pretty sure they're not governing them. I could be wrong tho.

You are correct. All SRT vehicles are only speed limited due to the aerodynamics. The Charger is a bit more aerodynamic than the Challenger, hence the higher top speed.

-
Back