2018 5.7 Hemi water pump replacement

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 5.7 Hemi. It needs a water pump.

What all have you guys done with these when you build em?

Factory OEM parts or should I go to Napa and get one?

I don’t really know what I’m in for as far as replacement, probably a pain in the *** to get to, I don’t know, haven’t looked too far into it because I was waiting on the dealer to get back to me as far as warranty. But I found out it expired and they want $900 to replace it. I’ll do it myself.

YouTube might help.

Not sure if 17 and 18 are the same

looks fairly streight forward

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I was wondering what it took. I guess I can dilute with distilled water like any other full strength coolant?

Order a factory unit online through one of the Mopar parts dealers that sell at a discount. Give your vin number to get correct parts. I get my G08 coolant from NAPA and dilute with distilled water 50% . Might as well check your belt, idler pulley bearing and replace the cap,hose, clamps and thermostat at the same time. Now is the time since you will have it apart anyway.

I just did my Charger that I just bought. Not bad but keep track if the bolt locations. One is hiding behind the idler pulley on mine. No gasket mess to deal with either.

Thanks. Water pump wasn’t bad but I had to also change the radiator. I’ve changed many radiators in newer cars. This one was the hardest. I’ll never change a radiator in a Jeep Grand Cherokee ever again. Not ever.

-
Back