• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
I honestly didnt think I would like the gold with the light blue but you did such a great job on them now I'm not sure. I think it will work!

Pictures of the car...
Here ya go ! With my "spirit of '76 plates! :D

DSCN1930.JPG

DSCN1922.JPG

DSCN1925.JPG

DSCN1926.JPG

Last edited:
Don't forget gold weighs more than aluminum. That would give more traction right where you need it.
6 lbs lighter per rear tire and 4 lbs lighter per front tire. Rotating weight is good weight to lose. Now that it "LOOKS" more like a old school hot rod, I gotta giv dat there ET slip a shav'n! LOL

6 lbs lighter per rear tire and 4 lbs lighter per front tire. Rotating weight is good weight to lose. Now that it "LOOKS" more like a old school hot rod, I gotta giv dat there ET slip a shav'n! LOL

Not only rotating weight, but the most important... Unsprung weight!!!

Yeh looks like you need a bit of railing on that deck.
Deck is coming down (it's 3/4's tore down now, garage going up!)

Is the 76 plate just for show or is it legal?
It's legal. AV/EV plates can run historic year correct plates, just got to carry the current plate in car. Plate is stamped '76, same year as car

Deck is coming down (it's 3/4's tore down now, garage going up!)

It's legal. AV/EV plates can run historic year correct plates, just got to carry the current plate in car. Plate is stamped '76, same year as car

Is the plate a repop or from another car or what? I found a guy with 3 differant single plates from 76. Can I use one of them on my dart?

Is the plate a repop or from another car or what? I found a guy with 3 differant single plates from 76. Can I use one of them on my dart?
They are originals used by somebody in '76. Mine are a matching set. You can use any state you want so long as it's the historic correct date for your car. I used Illinois because I like the 1776 to 1976 dates in the middle of the plate. It's hard to find a matching set in good shape. BUT, your car HAS TO HAVE AV or EV.

They are originals used by somebody in '76. Mine are a matching set. You can use any state you want so long as it's the historic correct date for your car. I used Illinois because I like the 1776 to 1976 dates in the middle of the plate. It's hard to find a matching set in good shape. BUT, your car HAS TO HAVE AV or EV.

I'm thinking that you mean AE not EV.
EV is electric vehicle. lol

I run a original 1948 WV tag on my willys.
All I had to do is take the tag to the DMV, they check to make sure it is not registered to any vehicle.
Pay the $25 for 10 year sticker, and it is registered.
Every 10 years I have to pay the $25 registration fee, cheap tags for a seldom used vehicle, everyday use tags are $60 a year here.

Speaking of license fees Illinois voted to double a bunch of the fees and to charge $1,000 yearly registration for an electric vehicle.
I don't see how the illegal aliens will be able to afford this.

We did have three days with no rain course it rained last night and some of today. I did manage to get the yard mowed again and only had to pull the mower at one time from getting it stuck.

Score one for Doug's Headers...…
my starter had a terminal come loose from the starter yesterday. Today I pulled the starter out without issue. I just turned the steering wheel all the way to the right to get the steering linkage out of the way and pulled the starter like nobody's business. It was a magnum starter

Score one for Doug's Headers...…
my starter had a terminal come loose from the starter yesterday. Today I pulled the starter out without issue. I just turned the steering wheel all the way to the right to get the steering linkage out of the way and pulled the starter like nobody's business. It was a magnum starter
I bought a life time warranty starter from NAPA for a '95 Dakota. I just removed the terminal extender and installed. I tell ya, the Dougs and Dakota starter was in and out so easy! I had it in place in 5 seconds and the two bolt in and tight about 3 minutes later. "On the road again...…… "

j par ….. have you kicked your dead horse lately? I've.....
  • removed manifolds/installed headers
  • refurbished and installed 8.75 rear end
  • bought and installed MT ET Streets
  • Even threw some "decals" on the car .... :D
  • been to the dragway twice and made passes, won a trophy....
I'll be "knock knock knock'n on 12's door...." and your 40 dollar horse is still trying to breathe in the barn!!!!!

j par ….. have you kicked your dead horse lately? I've.....
  • removed manifolds/installed headers
  • refurbished and installed 8.75 rear end
  • bought and installed MT ET Streets
  • Even threw some "decals" on the car .... :D
  • been to the dragway twice and made passes, won a trophy....
I'll be "knock knock knock'n on 12's door...." and your 40 dollar horse is still trying to breathe in the barn!!!!!
He who laugh's last laugh's loudest...

-
Back