• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
I use ortho home defense on my clothes. keeps the bugs away.
safer than the DDT fogger truck my friends and I road our bikes behind back in the early 70's in Jersey.
They came through our hood every couple weeks. Ahh the good ole days. lol

safer than the DDT fogger truck my friends and I road our bikes behind back in the early 70's in Jersey.
All the "Off" and other deet bug sprays have zero effect on these boogers. Only thing we've found to work is the vanilla spray. They don't like the smell and leave you alone.

Score one for Doug's Headers...…
my starter had a terminal come loose from the starter yesterday. Today I pulled the starter out without issue. I just turned the steering wheel all the way to the right to get the steering linkage out of the way and pulled the starter like nobody's business. It was a magnum starter
That is very good to know, I bought a set a few months ago for one of my E body projects, I always run the magnum starter on the old iron.
Cheap headers are not worth it, even though I had a new set gave to me by a buddy, but the cheap headers do work good on my engine start stand.

All the "Off" and other deet bug sprays have zero effect on these boogers. Only thing we've found to work is the vanilla spray. They don't like the smell and leave you alone.
The mosquito are horrible here, deet just slows them down from having a full course dinner on me, please give me the vanilla spray recipe.

The mosquito are horrible here, deet just slows them down from having a full course dinner on me, please give me the vanilla spray recipe.
I'll have to ask my wife because I don't know it. I don't think it's very effective on mosquitos. Just these nat-fruit fly little things that fly in swarms and go in your eyes, nose, ears, and mouth. Not even joking. Vanilla is the only repellent we've found effective.

Hey, the mosquito man's here, 50 kids on bikes amongst the fog following behind until he gets to the exit of our hood.
like I said, the good ole days, no bugs and to this day I am cancer free. lol

Hey, the mosquito man's here, 50 kids on bikes amongst the fog following behind until he gets to the exit of our hood.
Its so weird, that me and the wife can be sitting side by side, those little blood sucker will eat me, and leave her alone.
They also make sandwiches out of the grand-kids. Maybe they think my wife is so mean, that she will go full out Chuck Norris on them.

They will land on fly strips. I also am using a little tub of water with a drop of dawn and a piece of fruit to atract them. The drop of dawn brakes the surface tension of the water and they drowned while they are checking out the fruity smell.
Setting off bug bombs every 3 days 3 times in a row really drops the population also.
The insecticide lawn granuals around the house is helping also I think.
Just stuff I'm trying out.
Don't forget a window fan will blow their little butts out doors.

They will land on fly strips. I also am using a little tub of water with a drop of dawn and a piece of fruit to atract them. The drop of dawn brakes the surface tension of the water and they drowned while they are checking out the fruity smell.
Setting off bug bombs every 3 days 3 times in a row really drops the population also.
The insecticide lawn granuals around the house is helping also I think.
Just stuff I'm trying out.
Don't forget a window fan will blow their little butts out doors.
I know where they come from, I have a row of trees, right in the middle of the property, it never dries out there, with a thick blanket of leaves, no standing water but a good climate for the little SOB.
My house has AC so no issues in there, and I do keep box fans blowing from the ceiling in the garages, so tolerable inside. But the little guys still have a snack on me once in a while.

I have never heard of using the Ortho home defense on them, I do have about a 1/2 gallon of it in my sprayer, and another gallon sitting on the shelf.
Finally maybe a use for what I consider a big waste of money for bug spray.

I know where they come from, I have a row of trees, right in the middle of the property, it never dries out there, with a thick blanket of leaves, no standing water but a good climate for the little SOB.
My house has AC so no issues in there, and I do keep box fans blowing from the ceiling in the garages, so tolerable inside. But the little guys still have a snack on me once in a while.

In NM we called the ones out there G nats and used skin so soft on bare skin. Applied thick if they landed they died.
I bug bomb my garages when needed. Takes care of spiders and flys at the same time.

In NM we called the ones out there G nats and used skin so soft on bare skin. Applied thick if they landed they died.
I bug bomb my garages when needed. Takes care of spiders and flys at the same time.
garages?? Jaws, he means storage sheds.... :poke::poke:

I remember the foggers pulled behind a city truck during the summers back in the 60-70 for skitters.
Now if I get 1 in the house I lite a candle. If you watch you will see their wings burn in a little flash. lol

Bug bombs? I just use some common black powder sprinkled around the inside of the garage to take care of the creepy-crawlers, it works good, just remember to start the car, with the exhaust pointing out the door.
The dag-gone spiders will build a web overnight on the door/mirror of my truck, sitting outside in the driveway beside the garage, but none inside.

I don't know how I got a vote? I'm not even in the contest, although I do have the fastest time slip...
You got 6 votes and are not in the contest! To be honest I gave you my vote in the very beginning but then when I saw you dropped out I changed it.

You got 6 votes and are not in the contest! To be honest I gave you my vote in the very beginning but then when I saw you dropped out I changed it.
318hasvalvesthatwillfly was shooting for some kind of 12 so I gave him something to shoot for....

-
Back