2021 hunting season

-
Meat in the freezer !!
I am a blessed man, shot in my back yard and he circled my house and passed where you see him in my front yard, only had to drag him 30 yards .

received_2971612159726111.jpeg

received_266042012032905.jpeg

One of the deacons at my grandfathers church in Appalachia took a rough city teenager squirrel and deer hunting and it fundamentally changed that kids life.

You know/have any young'ns? take one a couple times. It's good people time for both parties.
teach them where to hit the deer ahead of time though. I was handed an M1 .30 carbine in the dark on my first deer hunt and one quartered toward me just after sunrise. Fortunately, the deer never heard the gun between shots and it kept coming. Kinda made a mess of him.

I may have to find that deacon and give some thanks today.....
So true. I took my little cousin squirrel hunting when he was about 6 years old, he asked what his job was...
I said to be quiet, fetch the squirrels and carry them.
After shooting about 6 he says....don't shoot anymore they are getting too heavy to carry.
He is around 40years old now and his son loves to hunt.
And we love to go to Carlisle and the Nationals together, he has a few nice Mopars a Road Runner. 69 Charger, and a 69 Truck.
I might of had some influence on him.

I watched my 12 year old son harvest his first deer last weekend. It was one of the most emotional moments of my life. All the memories of me and my dad when I got my first deer came rushing back to me. Sadly, my dad passed away last month and didn’t get to see his first grandson take his first deer. My dad LOVED to hunt and he passed that love on to me and on to my son. Feeling thankful for times like these…….

F53B43D0-79D3-4D83-AAF2-295E576FB8C0.jpeg

I watched my 12 year old son harvest his first deer last weekend. It was one of the most emotional moments of my life. All the memories of me and my dad when I got my first deer came rushing back to me. Sadly, my dad passed away last month and didn’t get to see his first grandson take his first deer. My dad LOVED to hunt and he passed that love on to me and on to my son. Feeling thankful for times like these…….

View attachment 1715829319
Congratulations !! A day not soon forgotten.

View attachment 1715829319

Awesome! My daughter said she wants to hunt next year so I will spend my spring and summer getting ready for that! I can’t wait until one of my kids harvests their first deer!

I haven’t hunted for years. Just do not have time at that time of year anymore. But a couple days ago before I headed north, this non typical muly was shredding our pussy willow. It’s been happening for years but this is the first time we’ve seen him. He’s four on the clean side and multiple on the other. He just wouldn’t let me get a good picture of his mutated side must be self conscious!

CE3E04F0-FF47-4867-8788-7ECF86A9B17C.jpeg
5D84A002-7322-4284-83B6-038571C5F585.jpeg
CC649088-2A0B-4BB6-B93D-45C097DFC3B4.jpeg
8995A185-EEC1-4054-B4D1-5710F2DF8980.jpeg

That’s a dandy! I need to get out west and shoot me another muley!

Been chasing this guy all shotgun season. Finally got my chance at 50 yards with about 7 minutes of shooting light left. He was pushing does. My largest rack in 45 years of NY hunting.

IMG_20211202_075850_hdr.jpg

KIMG0088.JPG

As one of the many folks Nation wide that teach Hunters Education in our respective States, the many stories on this thread of passing knowledge down from generation to generation makes teaching the Hunters Safety class worth it. I always do my class intro directed at the adults who have chosen to sit thru the class with a family member. I tell the story of our Son sitting thru the class with his grandfather, he remembers that weekend to this day. It made a huge impact on him. Thanks to all you on here that are passing the knowledge down, you simply will never know the huge positive impact it may have in a youths life.

2 years ago, my stepson decided to take up deer hunting at 30 yrs of age. Never had kids myself and I am having a blast hunting and sharing the woods with him. I even taught him how to butcher. He really shows the animal respect and enjoys backstrap and jerky from his something he harvested. He even got his girlfriend in the woods a few times (that didn't sound right). It's a pretty noble task we perform. Getting to do something we love and keeping nature in balance and passing it down. Can't do that in a video game.

My largest rack in 45 years of NY hunting.

Wide boy and thick too, nice buck man! The greatest whitetail rack for mass, height, and tine count, on what looked "typical", that I have ever seen on the hoof, was stuck between the lanes on the Sawmill Pkwy waiting for a chance to cross! Something about that country ya reckon?

Thanks Pike. We get quite a few on the Taconic too. Usually lots of roadkill but a lot less deer this year. Edh is really hitting us hard this year. It's like deer C19.

I have been looking for this picture. This is out my daughters window. She lives maybe 1000 yards from us. This is a few years ago. Probably the father of the one in our yard now!

E7CF28E8-7957-4304-8164-53DE81411347.png

It’s always fun when a 6 year old and 8 year old help you wrap your venison. Not sure if I should be concerned or relieved that our morbid sense of humor has been passed on!! LOL!!

94E5CD88-6597-491D-BE8F-F9BC3E91353F.jpeg

-
Back