2022 13th Annual FABO NASCAR "Pick 'Em" Game - Time To Go Racing Again!!!

-
Wow, was that a FUBAR or what... They almost took a million from that guy. The stands tell you how bad they are screwing up. I've read that the people in the stands are less than 10% of their income these days, but race attendance is a joke for almost all tracks. You wonder why more sponsors aren't sending their cash elsewhere.

Last edited:
Wow, was the a FUBAR or what... They almost took a million from that guy. The stands tell you how bad they are screwing up. I've read that the people in the stands are less than 10% of their income these days, but race attendance is a joke for almost all tracks. You wonder why more sponsors aren't sending their cash elsewhere.

Too many stupid rules. Just let em race!!

Congratulations to 'memike' (FABO), the only player to pick #12 Ryan Blaney to win the 2022 NASCAR All-Star race at Texas Motor Speedway and grab the -5 bonus points.
Congrats also to 'fishmens67' (FABO), the only player to pick the race runner-up #11 Denny Hamlin and pick up -3 bonus points.

'memike' (FABO) had the low net score this week at -3.5 points.

#18 Kyle Busch was the race leader at the end of Stage 1.
#2 Austin Cindric was the race leader at the end of Stage 2.

#12 Ryan Blaney was the race leader at the end of Stage 3.

Here are the game standings following the 2022 NASCAR All-Star race at Texas Motor Speedway:
44070dart (FABO) 115.0 5 4 24 17 135.5

memike (FABO) 155.5 L12 L22 (S3-1) 1 4 -5 152.0
Back in Time (FABO) 131.0 5 9 24 23 154.5

riverdawg (FBBO) 138.0 L19 L9 14 23 156.5
LocuMob (FABO) 140.5 9 19 23 14 159.0
Dart_Doctor (FABO) 141.0 L9 L5 23 24 164.5
fishmens67 (FABO) 164.5 L11 L18
(S1-1) 2 21 -3 172.0
Avispa (FABO) 154.0 L9 L5 23 24 177.5

cuda20 (FABO) 166.0 5 18 (S1-1) 24 21 187.5
Yunick13 (FABO) 173.5 1 5 22 24 196.5
ocdart (FABO) 208.0 5 18 (S1-1) 23 21 229.0

Sublime one (FABO) 220.5 L6 L18 (S1-1) 9 21 234.5

Please let me know if I show either your Pole or Race picks incorrectly or if you have any questions.

Please post your picks for the next race and let me know if you want to "lock" them in for future weeks. I will put an "L" before either your Pole pick or your race picks to show they've been "locked".
As always, you can always make different picks each week. Your "locked" picks will always be there should you forget to post your race picks, your computer malfunctions or the site should go down temporarily.

The Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway is scheduled for Sunday, May 29.for the NASCAR All-Star Race with the green flag scheduled for approximately 6:15PM EDT (3:15PM PDT).

Get your picks posted before 7:30PM EDT (4:30PM PDT) Saturday, May 28, before the television coverage of qualifying starts on Fox Sports 1.

Allstar race is a non points race. We shouldn't get points added to our score either, just subtracted for making the right call.

Over the years ..many years, I've looked forward to the weekend race. Now I record and watch, and most of the time I'm fast forwarding to get to the last 10 laps of the stage. I hate that, but the racing is boring, compared to the past in the 70/80's. I don't want to sound like an old grump living in the past, but this racing sucks in comparison..IMHO. I enjoy the trucks or even ARCA more, as they seem to be trying to lead a lap.

Over the years ..many years, I've looked forward to the weekend race. Now I record and watch, and most of the time I'm fast forwarding to get to the last 10 laps of the stage. I hate that, but the racing is boring, compared to the past in the 70/80's. I don't want to sound like an old grump living in the past, but this racing sucks in comparison..IMHO. I enjoy the trucks or even ARCA more, as they seem to be trying to lead a lap.
I agree, I see nascar trying hard to strengthen there sport, but they will never do as well as they did when Pontiac and Mopar was racing

I'm so glad I got to see NASCAR in person when I did. Last year of the Big Blocks at Ontario Motor Speedway and the road course at Riverside Raceway :D:D:D

Charlotte picks:

Pole:
#1 Ross Chastain

Race:
#1 Ross Chastain
#18 Kyle Busch

Rubbed the wall in practice. I don't get how he couldn't qualify, but I don't know the rules these days.

From what I heard on the TV coverage it was a team decision to take the car to the shop and repair it to get ready for tomorrow. Larson not attempting to qualify had nothing to do with rules.

Congratulations to 'riverdawg' (FBBO) for sticking with his 'locked' pick of #11 Denny Hamlin to win the Coca-Cola 600 pole and picking up -1 bonus point.

From what I heard on the TV coverage it was a team decision to take the car to the shop and repair it to get ready for tomorrow. Larson not attempting to qualify had nothing to do with rules.
I just heard them say he won't have a chance to qualify, thought maybe some rule forced that. He was certainly fast in his limited practice.

-
Back