225 Slant six Rocker Arm Adjustment Screws?

-

Plymouth_Ruster

"I'm a profeshunel"
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get these? RockAuto has been out of them for (apparently) years, Summit Racing isn't getting any until June 13th, and I'd like to have them in under a month, in time for my rebuild of the engine. It's 3/8 x 24 threads with a 5/16ths ball on the end, and apparently the most valuable commodity in the world.

are they loosening? Can you get a locknut on whats showing thread wise? I know you can nut the old 273 arms or keep 'em stock interference fit which they tend to lose over multiple adjustments.

How many do you need? I have some good used. Also have some NOS rocker arms.

Was wanting 12 in a set, just to replace them all at once. One of my friends just now told me that he knows the owner of a machine shop, so if the heat-resistant loctite doesn't work, I'm sending one of the good screws in to them. Thanks for all the offers though, I may pm someone if both of my current plans fail.

What's wrong with the ones you have? My 1964 vintage ones work just fine and hold their adjustment. If you used white tape, basically teflon, its going to exacerbate the problem.
A couple years ago, Comp Cams had them. IIRC, they're a little longer than stock but leaves enough room for thin lock nuts on the top.

Eventually the threads can loosen up. You can put each screw on the anvil of a bench vise and give a few careful taps with a ball peen hammer to deliberately booger-up the threads slightly to restore the tight interference fit and return the old screws to service.

Eventually the threads can loosen up. You can put each screw on the anvil of a bench vise and give a few careful taps with a ball peen hammer to deliberately booger-up the threads slightly to restore the tight interference fit and return the old screws to service.

Yeah, was afraid I might screw up the inside of the rocker arms though. May still try it.

-
Back