225 valve cover

-

Colin.C

Reaction score
Does edelbrock make a cover for the 225 /6
Ive been searching for awhile looking. all i can come up with is a cover from a olds and some places say they fit the 225. but it comes in pair so id have an extra.. let me know if this info is right about the olds covers. or if edel makes one for it and the part/item number for them..

Thanks guys!

No. Offenhauser does.

No. Offenhauser does.

Yeah i found that out, but i dont want to take a loan out just to get one cover they are almost 200 kinda ridiculous.

I have come to the realization that early A body parts are a lot more money then the parts i was buying for my ford classic truck i re did.

Yeah i found that out, but i dont want to take a loan out just to get one cover they are almost 200 kinda ridiculous.

I have come to the realization that early A body parts are a lot more money then the parts i was buying for my ford classic truck i re did.

Actually, that's a real good price. They've been like 259-299 for a long time. Now I see Summit has them for 197. That's damned good. Just a word of caution. Don't get one of those generic chrome ones. They are cheap junk. The old Mopar Performance chrome ones were good. Nice and thick and good chrome plating, but they don't make them anymore. Other than a good stock one, Offenhauser is about it.

I was down at the Pamona Swap looking for one. Talked with a guy from MOON. They've been out of stock for quite some time and won't get any in the near future. I guess the manufacturer is waiting on a large order before making a run. I found a guy there at the swap that was selling Offy stuff and got my cover for $169.00

Talking about valve covers.. I have a 225 Super six in my '65 Valiant. Not complaining about that, but it just doesn't look right in there in its blue color with the plain late model valve cover.
I'm thinking of painting the engine red to look more at home. Would also like to change the valve cover to the old ribbed one. Is there any problems involved in using the early cover on a later engine? Clearance issues?

Talking about valve covers.. I have a 225 Super six in my '65 Valiant. Not complaining about that, but it just doesn't look right in there in its blue color with the plain late model valve cover. I'm thinking of painting the engine red to look more at home. Would also like to change the valve cover to the old ribbed one. Is there any problems involved in using the early cover on a later engine? Clearance issues?

Red would be correct for your Valiant. If your 225 is a hydrolic lifter motor, I don't think the early ribbed valve cover will fit.

Take your stock cover off and send it to Leanna,and let her work her Majik !!!I'm sure you won't be disappointed !!!:prayer:

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/...tings/WORK SAMPLE PHOTOS/?albumview=slideshow

From what I understand, Offenhauser is on the way out.....if they are not out already. Since the old man died, their quality has suffered tremendously. Casting flash, casting flaws, holes and cracks. All kinda bad stuff. Offenhauser has always been a small mom and pop operation. Most of their stuff is out of stock near bout everywhere. This could be why Summit has lowered the price on these so much, just to get rid of them. It's a shame, really.

Offenhauser valve covers I have are high quality good looking pieces. Part is "old school" enough there's no PCV provision, but the .org guys have that covered with a how-to on drilling the cover for one, complete with part numbers for the bits you'll need to pick up to do a baffled PCV.
I participated in the slantsix.org buy a couple years back (Sep oh eight) and picked up two of them. Couldn't remember how much I paid, so I did a search for you over on .org. The group buy was through Dan Marvin at Exeter Auto at 144 bucks a piece plus shipping. They shipped mine together in the same box so my shipping cost per each was even less.

Take your stock cover off and send it to Leanna,and let her work her Majik !!!I'm sure you won't be disappointed !!!:prayer:

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/...tings/WORK SAMPLE PHOTOS/?albumview=slideshow

Thanks for the props guys! :-D

The biggest sale in PSC's history is going on right now. Here's a link to the sale thread:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=164437&highlight=powder+coating+special

I ordered a new Offy valve cover from AAA Marine Parts back in June for $154.97 + $23.24 shipping

Somebody here or on slantsix.org said they were worth checking out. Part arrived well packaged and fairly quickly.

http://www.aaamarine.com/servlet/the-711/5284-Offenhauser-slant-6/Detail

Looks like they've gone up a bit to $175

YMMV, but it worked for me

Clifford makes a cast cover too. Bucks...check Aussiespeed, maybe they got something, but make sure its for a slant, not a 265 hemi...I bet some old surfer could make one out of fiberglass....

-
Back