2357 tail lite bulbs or 1157?

-
wow ..Honda parts in a Mopar. Lee Iacocca would roll over in his grave
The bulbs are just sold by honda. They don't make the bulbs they just spec the best bulb they can. I have worked at dealerships that sell dodge/chrysler, mitsu, hyundai, honda, and toyota/scion. Having worked service with those brands I can say honda doesn't skimp as bad as the others do in recent years on cheap parts.

I have the O'reily Sylvania 3496's. They are nice & Bright Made in Taiwan. Probably not the Honda quality but decent. I also have the Sylvania 2357A's from Oreily's and they are made in Germany. At any given moment the "Made In" can change. Sylvania 3496's were made in Germany at some point. Well to be more Specific......The package said made in one of the following countries, Germany, Italy or Slovakia.

You the man Dan I plan to call my local Honda dealer tomorrow,boy they should pay you for the sales here.

Better than China!

Nope, never. They were Japanese (Stanley) until they were Taiwanese/Chinese.

Not gonna argue too hard but I think I have a box that I can take a Pic of.

Where do the Honda 3496's say they were made? If they are Japan, I will drive the 50 miles to get them at Honda Dealer.

Not gonna argue too hard but I think I have a box that I can take a Pic of.

I don't know where the box was made, but nobody in Germany has ever made a 3496 bulb. It's a Japanese-vehicle-only item. I doubt anyone here wants me to go on at tiresome length about why this is so, but...it's so.

Where do the Honda 3496's say they were made?

Made by Stanley in Japan.

I don't know where the box was made, but nobody in Germany has ever made a 3496 bulb. It's a Japanese-vehicle-only item. I doubt anyone here wants me to go on at tiresome length about why this is so, but...it's so.

Made by Stanley in Japan.

The Box was for 2357A So I stand Corrected. :eek:ops:

I will definitely go grab some MIJ 3496's as Backups. Never know when they'll shift to MIC.

Re the question of LED's for the dash, I put them in my 65 Dart and they look great. A bit brighter than standard incandescent bulbs, with a cool blue glow that makes the cluster look modern at night. My reason was to avoid damaging my rebuilt cluster and because those bulbs are a pain to change in-place and LED's should last forever. Look up the number in your owner's manual (105?). I bought on ebay cheap.

Bill.~Slantsixdan may have/has all the lumens and wattage figured out.. But the LED's in the dash I totally agree with you... Less current and acrobat flexibility BS under the Mopar dash... Thank my non-scared-hands-on-dash-metal for LEDS!:sign3:

-
Back