24x48 ALL THE BIGGER I CAN GO

-

RandyB

Reaction score
Since I’m in Facebook jail for another 22 day’s I just have to share my news with fellow A body friends.
I’m finally getting my garage built! Only have to go to the bank but we both have excellent credit scores. And bank just said, let’s make this happen!!
As my header states, it’s only a 24x48 but that’s all the bigger I can go. It will sure beat the small 12x25 I have now. Tight fit working on my 1965 Barracuda.
At least with the NEW garage, my 1972 Dart Swinger along with our daily drivers will be protected from snow, rain, hail, sun!!
Life can be good!!
Yes, I wish it could be bigger but I am going 13’ high and 6” concrete in the back to accommodate a lift in the back part :)

CFCC6E1A-6CD0-4C35-8995-696794351D64.jpeg

2D3516D4-EC30-45E5-8EE1-9A980C2F6A8B.jpeg

48A169A8-A91E-457E-AAC9-0869BE6C2246.jpeg

E61CB4BE-EAE7-4224-AFC6-D4A82CC6903E.jpeg

Forget the barn, tell us the joke that got yoy into fakebook jail
Okay, a friend posted a picture of a weed trimmer with one of those attachments for cutting down small saplings. All I said and this is the honest to God truth was
“That looks dangerous, you could cut someone’s foot off with that thing”
Then,,,,BAM!!
Fing Facebook jail for 30 GD days!!!

Okay, a friend posted a picture of a weed trimmer with one of those attachments for cutting down small saplings. All I said and this is the honest to God truth was
Then,,,,BAM!!
:rofl::rofl:

Then,,,,BAM!!
You weren't lying either, my father in law dang near took his foor of with one of those...and that one was only loaded with string

Then,,,,BAM!!
Congrats on the new shop. I am wanting to build a shop too. Don't feel bad about stupid Facebook. My girlfriend got the 30 day ban for posting a black microwave stand for sell. Face book said it went against there standards for Nudity and sex. She posted it in marketplace.

Then,,,,BAM!!
Sounds like this place with light political jokes. Nobody can just laugh and move one.

Since I’m in Facebook jail for another 22 day’s I just have to share my news with fellow A body friends.
I’m finally getting my garage built! Only have to go to the bank but we both have excellent credit scores. And bank just said, let’s make this happen!!
As my header states, it’s only a 24x48 but that’s all the bigger I can go. It will sure beat the small 12x25 I have now. Tight fit working on my 1965 Barracuda.
At least with the NEW garage, my 1972 Dart Swinger along with our daily drivers will be protected from snow, rain, hail, sun!!
Life can be good!!
Yes, I wish it could be bigger but I am going 13’ high and 6” concrete in the back to accommodate a lift in the back part :)

View attachment 1715954877

View attachment 1715954878

View attachment 1715954879

View attachment 1715954880
That's a respectable size. Mine is 24 wide and 28 long. If I had gone 40 long instead, it would have made a big difference.

That's a respectable size. Mine is 24 wide and 28 long. If I had gone 40 long instead, it would have made a big difference.
Thank you, well the wife did mention something about compensation in place of a certain body part,, hmmm

Congrats to you on your upcoming new garage!! That is terrific - good for you!

When I had my current house built 27 years ago, we designed it so it looks like a 2-car garage from the street but it's actually the same size as yours...24' wide and roughly 48' deep. Easily fits 4 cars plus a BUNCH of other junk (lawn tractor, engines, rearends, etc). My open trailer is also always in there usually with a car on it. I mention all this just to encourage you and tell you you're gonna love it!!

Yes sir. It's gonna be real nice. My goal is one day to add on to mine from the rear and just attach another just like it at the back to make it 24 x 56. Maybe one day.

I would love to have room for that. We're in the middle of adding a second two-car garage (19'8" x 23'). I could have gone wider than 23', but I would have lost my RV parking. It'll be nice to have all the cars parked inside.

Cement is actually really reasonable now, I would just pour the whole thing 6" with fiber reinforcement.

-
Back