273 blower cam

-
That is some tight fit up you did there, well done! Nice welds too. I love how stainless welds but working it makes smoke pour out of my ears in frustration.
Got a link to your build?
Thanks! There's a link in my signature. Cutting stainless is the biggest PITA, I started with an abrasive chop saw but that left huge burrs and the blade would flex causing the cuts to wonder and not be straight, so I bought a cold cut chop saw but the stainless killed a $100 carbide blade in about 15 cuts. I finally bought a porta-band and some stainless saw blades so we'll see how that works out.

Thanks! There's a link in my signature. Cutting stainless is the biggest PITA, I started with an abrasive chop saw but that left huge burrs and the blade would flex causing the cuts to wonder and not be straight, so I bought a cold cut chop saw but the stainless killed a $100 carbide blade in about 15 cuts. I finally bought a porta-band and some stainless saw blades so we'll see how that works out.
Caterpillar had a huge laser table to cut stainless, that thing was a trip. Stainless is amazing but I know better than to give myself another hurdle. I'd be interested to see how the bandsaw works out.

Nice car, really liked what you did with the electric steering. That was bad ***. I'm only on page three

First fire, interesting stuff. No I didn't video it :(
Kind of a shitty day, had to put my 20 yr old cat down.

Needed 1 turn more on the idle screw to stay running. Starts instantly I mean you breathe on the key it's running.
Smelly exhaust no more. Also running a PCV for first time since the 90's.

Videos to come. First drive I'll post er up.

I half assed so many things over the past 20 years, finally got them 3/4 assed and it feels so good!

Sorry to hear about your cat, but awesome news on the car. Looking forward to seeing the videos.

A couple pics meanwhile. Nickel plated blower snout and direct mounted fuel pressure gauge

PXL_20230918_072629839.jpg

PXL_20231019_231110237.jpg

First fire, interesting stuff. No I didn't video it :(
Kind of a shitty day, had to put my 20 yr old cat down.

Needed 1 turn more on the idle screw to stay running. Starts instantly I mean you breathe on the key it's running.
Smelly exhaust no more. Also running a PCV for first time since the 90's.

Videos to come. First drive I'll post er up.

I half assed so many things over the past 20 years, finally got them 3/4 assed and it feels so good!
Sorry to hear about your friend. 20 years for a cat is more a family member. :(

Seems I have an internal head gasket leak, or bad ring seal on cylinder 6. Cylinder and plug is oiled pretty good, but no visible exhaust smoke.

And forgot to torque one set of wheel lugs. Made it home on 2 lugs. Jesus

Aw man, what a hassle! I hate locking lugs for that reason, always afraid I'm going to loose the key right when I need it.

garage door was closed so kept it short. this was about a 3k rev, next ones won't be so pussyfied. has a lean spot that needs addressed and possibly a locked out distributor or more advance. tire smoke to follow once backfires stop.
car feels like it has a larger engine with these heads. very impressed

garage door was closed so kept it short. this was about a 3k rev, next ones won't be so pussyfied. has a lean spot that needs addressed and possibly a locked out distributor or more advance. tire smoke to follow once backfires stop.
car feels like it has a larger engine with these heads. very impressed

Hell yeah! I think it sounds great! Now that's a 4.71, right? I think I would do everything I could to NOT lock out the timing. JMO.

Damn dude, sounds great. That supercharger looks absolutely killer.
Thanks brother. Stripping the wrinkle finish made it look way cleaner
Hell yeah! I think it sounds great! Now that's a 4.71, right? I think I would do everything I could to NOT lock out the timing. JMO.
Thanks Rusty, yeah Dyers 4-71. I'm going to try advancing the ignition 3 degrees to 23 initial, 33 total. Also has PCV and vacuum advance.
I've run locked timing before on a 10:1 engine and it was tough to start hot.
Kinda surprised how different it runs with these heads. It even sounds better

-
Back