273 Commando Air Cleaners and Valve Covers

-
I've been looking for a D/Dart air cleaner for the past 10 years and haven't been able to find one. If anyone knows somebody thats got one for sale, please contact me. I need one for my second car.
Thanks

Hi Overdrive.........this may or may not help u out.............I have an old dodge unsilenced air cleaner.....off of what I dont know.....base is 9 1/4 wide fits 68 up carter AFB+AVS+ Holleys...........filter element is 3 in tall......this is not quite the same as posted by cavemanmoron as it dishes in more on top and has a slight bell on the bottom......Sorry I cannot do a pic.............Kim..........

i have a complete comando intake,carb and chrome breather.also 4 sets of the black w/aluminum power pak valve covers.the intake carb etc,came off a dart my dad took them off in the 70's.ran it on our 4spd volare wagon for awhile.i know he would sell the intake,carb,breather.not sure maybe 1 set of valve covers.they are a nice dress up for an engine.they will not clear roller rockers unless u were to cut out the baffles.which i am not going to do.

My Barracuda was originally a 273 2 bbl car. I put on a factory 4 barrel intake and small carter afb. I found an factory air cleaner and base somewhere (it was the 80's; it was easier then). The four bbl and 2 bbl air filters are the same diameter for that year. The 2 bbl is slightly shorter if you are looking for extra hood clearance. Since you are considering a thermoquad, I have no idea if this info is helpful to you at all.

66 valve covers are a little different. I think it was the wire lombs. The Commando/Charger air cleaner top is the same as a /6 2bbl aircleaner. The 1bbl /6 used a smaller lid.

-
Back