273 Commando Air Cleaners and Valve Covers

Early A-Body Discussions

1. ddartdude

ddartdude Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:53 AM
    I've been looking for a D/Dart air cleaner for the past 10 years and haven't been able to find one. If anyone knows somebody thats got one for sale, please contact me. I need one for my second car.
    Thanks

2. Flatlander

Flatlander Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:53 AM
    Thanks for the info dartdude. I'm looking for one also, hard to find.

3. oldkimmer

oldkimmer FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    Hi Overdrive.........this may or may not help u out.............I have an old dodge unsilenced air cleaner.....off of what I dont know.....base is 9 1/4 wide fits 68 up carter AFB+AVS+ Holleys...........filter element is 3 in tall......this is not quite the same as posted by cavemanmoron as it dishes in more on top and has a slight bell on the bottom......Sorry I cannot do a pic.............Kim..........

4. 74360duster

74360duster JEREMY

Local Time:
    i have a complete comando intake,carb and chrome breather.also 4 sets of the black w/aluminum power pak valve covers.the intake carb etc,came off a dart my dad took them off in the 70's.ran it on our 4spd volare wagon for awhile.i know he would sell the intake,carb,breather.not sure maybe 1 set of valve covers.they are a nice dress up for an engine.they will not clear roller rockers unless u were to cut out the baffles.which i am not going to do.

5. pyp1000

pyp1000 Active Member

Local Time:
    12:53 PM
    My Barracuda was originally a 273 2 bbl car. I put on a factory 4 barrel intake and small carter afb. I found an factory air cleaner and base somewhere (it was the 80's; it was easier then). The four bbl and 2 bbl air filters are the same diameter for that year. The 2 bbl is slightly shorter if you are looking for extra hood clearance. Since you are considering a thermoquad, I have no idea if this info is helpful to you at all.

6. Hell_Fish

Hell_Fish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    66 valve covers are a little different. I think it was the wire lombs. The Commando/Charger air cleaner top is the same as a /6 2bbl aircleaner. The 1bbl /6 used a smaller lid.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.