273 commando/Charger

-

pyrojim

Reaction score
Ok, so if I have this right, Dodge did not have a 273 commando, it was referred to as a 273 charger. Plymouth had a 273 commando? Is this correct? I'm doing a 66 Dart with a 318 but want to dress it as a 273 (commando)?? (charger)??? I've seen the stickers available. I have the 273 commando??? charger??? valve covers wondering about the air cleaner. I know what it is, not sure how to dress it. I want to remain as close to factory as possible.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Jim

Right...the 273-4bbl engine in a Plymouth is "Commando" and in a Dodge it is a "Charger". There're "273 Charger FOUR BARREL" air cleaner decals available.

Ok, so if I have this right, Dodge did not have a 273 commando, it was referred to as a 273 charger. Plymouth had a 273 commando? Is this correct? I'm doing a 66 Dart with a 318 but want to dress it as a 273 (commando)?? (charger)??? I've seen the stickers available. I have the 273 commando??? charger??? valve covers wondering about the air cleaner. I know what it is, not sure how to dress it. I want to remain as close to factory as possible.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Jim

Jim!
#1688 and page 68 in my thread 1965 Dodge DartCharger is where you can see the decal I have reproduced. If you have a Dart you should go with 273 Charger decal.

Let me know if you need one!

I do need one, assuming the air cleaner that I will buy as soon as I find one doesn't have one on it. Know of a good chrome one or any one who repops them???
Thanks 65dartcharger.

No need to have it repro'd...they are available all over...eg: EBay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-64-65...ies&hash=item4d01a980ea&vxp=mtr#ht_2147wt_902

$(KGrHqN,!jME1Jpe1YMRBNdMGyu1wg~~0_1.JPG

The air cleaner housings themselves are not repro'd....you'll have to search for an original. All years of them ("65-'67) are the same, except some have an emissions nipple. The same top is available on some slant 6's and 383's, but are black instead of chrome.

Our member bamacuda also had some NICE decals made up for those air cleaners. PM him to see if he has any left.

Any time Darwin! I restored a couple of those air cleaners awhile back and had the pleasure of using bamacuda Dave's decals. I think it was the first time I've ever installed an air cleaner decal without making up a few new unladylike terms or having to lift it off even once; they're hefty, high quality self-adhesives, and I want to say they were about $30 but I really don't remember for sure.

I have a few left. They are actually printed on correct guage aircraft aluminum. They have high heat 3m adhesive. The only drawback is that the red sort of has a glowe in direct sunlight. I am looking to make some more and correct the "glow". I am currently working on repopping some of the plastic warranty placards that are in the early abody gloveboxes.

-
Back