[WANTED] 273 crankshaft

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as a clarification, one of the reasons we as moderators delete sale and wanted threads is because of incomplete information. If your location isn't in your profile, we as buyers or sellers need to know. I have a crankshaft you may need but I probably won't UPS it because of the weight. Your location will help you get what you need from a seller close to you and save problems for you and the seller. tmm (moderator)

who knows of a hemet other than cal., probably more than one. a 340 crank will work with a little rebalancing?

Thank you! I hope you can find a crank closer to your location. Let's see what happens.

Did 273 cranks have the larger converter snout register in 1967? I forgot when the changeover was. I know earlier ones did and hopefully things didn't get mixed up or changed since then.

67 was small, 1968 things got more universal.

Thanks. As long as the OP knows what he has and what others are trying to sell. A 340 crank wouldn't work without a matching converter and possibly trans. (Did converter splines stay or change between big & small snout?

Thanks. As long as the OP knows what he has and what others are trying to sell. A 340 crank wouldn't work without a matching converter and possibly trans. (Did converter splines stay or change between big & small snout?

Agreed, I think the input splines are different, but if you have the larger pilot hole, in a 68 up crank, an adapter for the 67 pilot hole may be available, or easy to make, so you could use the 67 down trans and converter.

he has the City listed in the ad? its Hemet Ca
Hemet is a incomplete sentence. We can be a detective and find out where Hemet is but isn't it easier if the seller just ads Ca. or the zip code? Location is in the rules.

I know a guy who may still have one or two in San Jose. PM me if you want me to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back