273 exhaust manifold compatibility issues

-

plugger340

Reaction score
Can 67-68 273 exhaust manifolds be used in place of 64-66 273 exhaust manifolds? I've compared the sets side by side and I can't see a difference.
Thanks in advance

Sure can. Many use the HP 340 manifolds with great results as well. They are quite spendy if you find a set but perform well and not as much $ or hassle as a set of headers. tmm

I know the drivers side exhaust manifold on pre 67 has a wierd crook at the dump end.
You would need to alter the exhaust down pipe on that side.
Once before the passengers side manifolds revealed a difference that posed a fitment issue for a member. I forget what that difference was. Could be that changing that down pipe was needed also.

67-68 manifolds were built to take advantage of the wider '67-up engine bay, so, I would doubt they would fit in the narrower early A engine bay, BUT, I have never tried it personally, so I could be wrong...and the early ones definitely look different.

I looked at lots of late 60's 340 manifolds at the swap meet a couple days ago and they are shaped the same with the crook to clear the steering column shaft just like the early 273 manifolds. They have bigger ports, are bigger internally and have a bigger outlet. I'll be back shortly.I will search for previous posts. I'm sure we talked about it here before. tmm

-
Back