273 hipo pistons

-

titanium

Reaction score
Does any one have the part number for 273 hipo pistons?I'm in contact with a guy that has a set for sale and not sure what number to look for or for that matter what they look like.Maybe a picture of one also?
Thanks in advance
Ty

The part# for the pistons are 2585267 for the left bank and#2585268 for the right side. Standard bore.

Thanks for the info.Should have asked this question too.Same part number for all years and are these pistons interchangeable from year to year?

Does any one have the part number for 273 hipo pistons?I'm in contact with a guy that has a set for sale and not sure what number to look for or for that matter what they look like.Maybe a picture of one also?
Thanks in advance
Ty

Here's a pic....

273 pistons.jpg

None of my business but if the seller isn't willing to measure the pistons for skirt diameter etc... I wouldn't buy them. Good 40 yr old pistons are very rare.

Hi again! If you need piston I can recommend this company. They are very reliable do do business with;

EGGE MACHINE COMPANY
11707 Slauson Avenue
Santa Fe Springs , CA 90670
866-586-EGGE (3443)

None of my business but if the seller isn't willing to measure the pistons for skirt diameter etc... I wouldn't buy them. Good 40 yr old pistons are very rare.
The piston were used pistons and he was not sure if they were 273 pistons.He has had them for so long he just could not remember.The part number on them are 2465658 and 2465661.These numbers did not match what 65dartcharger listed.

Hi again! If you need piston I can recommend this company. They are very reliable do do business with;

EGGE MACHINE COMPANY
11707 Slauson Avenue
Santa Fe Springs , CA 90670
866-586-EGGE (3443)
Thanks for the info.Some one else mentioned them also.I did call and got a price of $401 for the piston set and $61 for the rings.They are in stock.Decision...

Thanks for the info.Some one else mentioned them also.I did call and got a price of $401 for the piston set and $61 for the rings.They are in stock.Decision...[/QUOTE]

IMO there isn't much of a decision to make. Your options are Egge or call Wiseco, JB, Diamond, or any of the other custom piston manufacturers. Custom pistons run around $125 each and only come with pins, which leaves you with the task of finding rings. Egge Machine is a great company to deal with and for what you get the prices are phenomenal. They have saved my bacon more than once over the years. Wiseco does good work also and will have your parts to your door in less than 2 weeks.

I called Mopar Performance and they linked me to Kinter (?) out of New Jersey. They have 273 HiPo pistons in standard, 30 over, 40 over, and 60 over. They want $68.25 per piston. I'm not sure what else might be included.

I called Mopar Performance and they linked me to Kinter (?) out of New Jersey. They have 273 HiPo pistons in standard, 30 over, 40 over, and 60 over. They want $68.25 per piston. I'm not sure what else might be included.

It's Kanter automtive. google it and you'll find it. i think they are cast though!

-
Back