273 short block repair

-

273 ball

Reaction score
hi I have a 273short block that has a chip on top on the drivers side can that be fix ?

A chip on the top of driver's side could be anywhere, from the cylinder edge to a water jacket to the outer edge of the block??

hi I have a 273short block that has a chip on top on the drivers side can that be fix ?

Size, depth, and location of the chip would help determine if it's a problem or not...

Pictures....

You guyz! Someone asks a serious but somewhat vaque (spelling?) question, and you all sarcastic humor sorta sounds like mine when I want people to realize I am an old and almost senile fart!!! LOL

You guyz! Someone asks a serious but somewhat vaque (spelling?) question, and you all sarcastic humor sorta sounds like mine when I want people to realize I am an old and almost senile fart!!! LOL

Until he posts more specific information/pictures, that's all that we can do....

We're just having fun, as soon as the OP gives us good info we'll get serious. It's like a friend calling you on the phone saying that his engine is making a funny noise, you ask " What kind of noise" and he says, "Clicka, clack, buzz, buzz, buzz"...then he asks you what part to replace.

I gave an answer as serious as the question. If the original poster would like to add information, I’m sure all of us on here would reconsider our current responses and adjust our answers accordingly.

We're just having fun, as soon as the OP gives us good info we'll get serious. It's like a friend calling you on the phone saying that his engine is making a funny noise, you ask " What kind of noise" and he says, "Clicka, clack, buzz, buzz, buzz"...then he asks you what part to replace.

LOL!

At least 4 replies requested pics?? The OP spelling is fine but pretty vague as to what the "chip" is??
Sorry my balls are hairy...not crystal lol.
Humor makes this site go round....and round....and round.

I gave an answer as serious as the question. If the original poster would like to add information, I’m sure all of us on here would reconsider our current responses and adjust our answers accordingly.
But I did recheck my Magic 8 ball again this morning and I still got the same answer.

Ok, ok...here's a shot of the "chip"........."chip" shot:

Now can it be repaired????

why repair when I can tell him where a free 273 is 70 miles away in El Cajon?

I was being a smart *** and making fun of us, me, !! Yes I imagine the OP later figured he needed to give better info!!!! sorry LOL

Hi it is on the outside OF THE BLOCK when I put the head on it covers it .

is it leaking anything? heads have casting bumps that seem to do nothing and heads are pretty thick everywhere. got a picture?

Hi it is on the outside OF THE BLOCK when I put the head on it covers it .
If it's on the outer edge and still has plenty of material to get the head gasket to seal it should be OK...but without pics it's really difficult to give a good answer?????

-
Back