-
Status
Not open for further replies.

68GTconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Contact seller
Good running 273 Small Block Engine. Solid lifter with factory adjustable rockers and a 4 barrel intake. Complete except for a carb. All brackets, belts and older Mallory distributer are there.
$350 no shipping

What year? Can you provide the casting number and casting date from the side of the block?

You can't really tell without looking at the pistons. The intake could have been added to a 2 barrel motor along with the distributor and valve covers. The 2 barrel pistons were flat tops with 4 valve reliefs whereas the HP pistons were domed. I haven't tried to put a flex light in the spark plug hole to see the piston tops. With the long reach plugs it might not work. tmm

You can't really tell without looking at the pistons. The intake could have been added to a 2 barrel motor along with the distributor and valve covers. The 2 barrel pistons were flat tops with 4 valve reliefs whereas the HP pistons were domed. I haven't tried to put a flex light in the spark plug hole to see the piston tops. With the long reach plugs it might not work. tmm

Thanks.

Are the cylinder heads and intake different from the '67 and later 273's?

early 65 casting dates will have the smaller vertical biased 5/16 intake bolts, 66 model year casting dates (like sept 65 and up) will be more common 3/8 bolts and LA angle. 273 heads and 318 were same. Not my item but a little experience with the 273. If you cant move it as a block, pull the pistons and intake, only "Commando" related parts (had dual point dizzy too stock) You can PM me about those if you decide to part it.

Pretty sure this is a 273 commando motor b/c of the parts on it and the trans that was attached is a 3:09 HiPo trans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back