273 Y-pipe?

-
rusty, that what I am going to try and use as well just in a 2.25" to 3" version since the manifolds are a 2" if I remember correctly. I have a bunch of 2.25" mandrel bends I plan on using.

That's what I have for my 63. I'm gonna come off the slant headers into one of those Ys and into a single 3" exhaust. Those things are suppose to scavange like a big dog.

Been there and done that. This is what you will have to do to assemble a 3" single exhaust with Spitfire headers that mimics a standard commando/Formula S layout. I utilized a Flowmaster 2.5" to 3" Y collector and a 3" universal pipe kit from Jeggs. I used collector flanges as shown to keep it in manageable pieces and if I ever need to remove the trans or engine I wouldn't have to drop the whole exhaust. Note the contorsions that the pipe has to do to clear the torsion bars and steering shaft. I used a stainless steel tip and a 18" glass pack muffler to build my own resonator. Every thing was aluminum coated and I had the headers and collector sections coated. Looked beautiful but the headers are already starting to show some rust formation, on the top of the pipes right at the head, and I haven't even gotten the damn thing on the highway yet.

Attachments

• Cuda 24.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 170
  • Cuda 25.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 164
  • Cuda 27.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 160
  • Cuda 46.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 150
  • Cuda 48.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 147
  • Cuda 45.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 163
Couple of more pics.

Attachments

• Cuda 73.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1394.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1389.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 149
I'm gonna have to look at the exhaust I pulled off my car tomorrow, It's a 65 commando car, not a formula s. The car sat for 30 years,everything looks original. The motor was missing, but trans and everything was there, even the resonator. I have spitfires, like to do a setup like above.

The y-pipe and intermediate pipe is the same from 2bbl and 4bbl in 65-66, correct?

Nope. The Accurate HP exhaust has a 2 1/2" y-pipe outlet and a 2 1/2" intermediate pipe with a 2 1/4" over axle pipe. The 2 barrel system has 2" pipes at best. In the 66 Dodge parts catalog, the 2 barrel muffler is #2460-823 and has a 2" inlet with a 1 7/8" outlet. The "Power Pack" muffler #2660-541 has a 2 1/4" inlet and outlet. The Y pipes are different part numbers also. tmm

The y pipe I took off mine looks as described, 2 into 1, D- shaped to fit inside a 2 1/2". The over axle looks like 2 1/4" to the resonator.

-
Back