2am, cant sleep, curiosity got the better of me....

-

oldcancer

Reaction score
so here's the deal, as stated in the title, it's 2am, i can't sleep, and curiosity has gotten the better of me once again, so what i'm going to do, is ask if anybody can help me decode the fender tag on my 1970 duster, the tag is as follows

any help is appreciated

N41 R11 V6X V8X Y07 EN2
EV2 A62 G31 G33 H31 M21
EV2 L4X9 TX9 714 C66972
E55 D21 VS29 H0B 427673

Vs29 h0b 427673
Means it's a 1970 340 Duster thats all I can tell you

VS29:
Plymouth Valiant,Duster
Special
2 Door Sports Hardtop

H0B: 340 275HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA

427673: Sequence number

E55: 340 cid 4 barrel V8 275hp
D21: 4 Speed Manual Transmission
EV2: Hemi Orange Exterior Color
L4X9: Trim - Low, Vinyl Split Bench Seat, Black
TX9: Black Int. Door Frames
714: Build Date: July 14
C66972: Order number

EV2: Hemi Orange Top Color
A62: Rallye Instrument Cluster Package
G31: OS RH Manual Standard Mirror
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror
H31: Rear Window Defogger
M21: Roof drip rail moldings

N41: Dual Exhaust
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V6X: Longitudinal Stripes, Black
V8X: Tranverse Stripes, Black
Y07: Build to Canada Specs
EN2: End of Sales Codes

-RPM

Oldcancer : I'd love to see some pics of your Canadian-spec Duster !

Does it have rubber mats instead of carpet ?
Is the speedo in MPH or KPH ?

*as a side note : 1970 "A" bodies with the 340 weren't -supposed- to have the N42 exhaust tips , regardless of designation ( U.S. , Export , Canada , California ) .*

it's in a needs to be restored state, and as far as i know, canada was still imperial in 1970, so i believe it's in MPH, i'll take a look when i become a bit lass lazy to look and see if i have floor mats LOL, and as far as i know, the car was sold as a rapid transit edition and ran a 13.98 at 99mph, would that be the reason for the exhaust?

pictures are at the guy's house who i bought it from, it is now moved and in a shed to avoid much more rust over the winter, and it's surprisingly rust free, for being a 40 year old car left out in canadian winters by the previous owner, fun fact, i am only the 3rd owner of this car

Nice you already got the scoop and the direct connection rear spoiler. Take care of that spoiler they are hard to find!

as far as i know, all the aftemarket body parts, or most of them at least, are direct connection, so that would be the fiberglass hood and fenders, and the spoiler, as well as the front spoiler? (well, what's left of it anyway, the guy had his dog on a leash and it got wrapped around the spoiler and broke)

also, the rear spoiler is cracked, it'll have to be repaired i guess

Does it still retain the original drive train? I see that it doesn't have an engine or a rear. Neat with the Direct Connection spoiler. Never seen one of those before, let alone heard of it. And yes we need more pictures:)

it has the numbers matching engine block, but unfortunately, the X heads are unaccounted for, either the guy sold them and then sold me the car, or the previous owner before him sold them, instead i have a pair of J heads, which according to the previous owner of the car, are the "original" heads, which is a load of carp, i know 70 340's got x heads, he knows it, i know he knows it, and he knows i know he knows it......i payed 5 grnd for it, and to be honest, i would have bartered if i knew i wasnt getting x heads

The rear spoiler is made of abs plastic not fiberglass just something you should know for the repair process. I dont think any of the direct connection stuff is fiberglass (don't quote me on it)

-
Back