2nd gear transbrake

-

Retroboy

Reaction score
I posted in the transmission section but the wrong guys myst be there and no one saw it. Does anybody know if Tranzact of Indy transbrakes work in second gear. I have a 904 in a slingshot dragster so it's a little hard to check at home. I know so guys here have them.
Cheers

I can't truly speak to that valve body, but as a general statement, no. The trans is effectively locking the low/ reverse drum from moving by trying to engage both In second gear the fluid is being directed to actuate 2nd gear, not first

That’s how I know it as well.
And that is the way you want it at the starting line.
Burnouts in second gear.

Cope came out with a brake exactly as you( the OP) is describing.
Might want to give Cope racing transmissions a call

I have the Cope brake that Don mentioned in my Dart. It definitely tames the launch down.

Can't help on the Tranzact vb.

Hadn't seen those before! Fills the gap of having to switch to a glide.

I learned my new thing for the day. Guess its time to leave work.

Oh hey!

Welcome aboard!

I also didn’t know about this set up.
Very interesting indeed.

????
So your taking about making a 3 spd into a 2 spd? or just the launch in 2nt and then shifts back to first????

I posted in the transmission section but the wrong guys myst be there and no one saw it. Does anybody know if Tranzact of Indy transbrakes work in second gear. I have a 904 in a slingshot dragster so it's a little hard to check at home. I know so guys here have them.
Cheers
I have the transact pro nitro brake. I cannot tell you if he makes a 2nd gear brake. What I can tell you is he has many options available that you need to ask about. I paid for additional safe neutral and real
First gear band on, not just when transbrake is on but anytime in first gear to protect my roller clutch so he may have the feature you want. Cope does for sure.

-
Back