2nd try? On the cheap friendly comp?

Who wants to show the world how to get'er done cheap!

• Total voters
-
Porting heads is newbie friendly but bolting on a simple 150hp nitrous system is too tough to figure out? I don't really care, your idea, your rules, but just admit nitrous wins the cheap builds to easily and you want to actually make it more challenging not easy for a newbie.

This really isn't that hard to get.... What would you expect a young person that took an interest into our hobby to mess around with??? To a lot of these newbies, installing a 4bbl is a task. A lot of these newbies have no idea about lift and duration. So, would you expect a kid in his back yard to do a twin turbo stroker motor by visiting a local junkyard on a limited budget?????? This isn't what I see at all. I hope this friendly race shows "real opportunity" and "fun" to build their enthusiasm! If a car in this friendly race runs 11's, somebody missed the "simple" and "cheap" for the newbie. My 1st pass EVER on a strip was in a 150.00 dollar wore out '73 swinger with a 318 2bbl. I ran a 16.72 in that hunk of junk. Let's show them that you do not have to have a '68 GTX with a stroker motor, and a banker for a dad to participate in our hobby. You can have fun in our hobby in high school working at Hardees part time. Let's feed enthusiasm!

Now this is on point! This is exactly what this is about!

I see on the other thread no porting or aftermarket heads allowed. That makes more sense then.

I bumped it. I believe alot of people didn't realize he posted the rules! Should maybe be made a "sticky" until it's over!? Just a suggestion!

Porting heads is newbie friendly but bolting on a simple 150hp nitrous system is too tough to figure out? I don't really care, your idea, your rules, but just admit nitrous wins the cheap builds to easily and you want to actually make it more challenging not easy for a newbie.

You know this thread is about what I am going to enter and NOT a rule discussion?

It was laid out earlier somewhere I beileve that the use of N02 is not allowed because it is a power adder. If you allow one, you open the gates to all.

Yall are going to ruin a good thing before it even gets off the ground. All some of yall know how to do is argue.

Thanks, some times, I'll just copitchulate for the sake of it.

Onward and upwards with the thread!

No problem. I got your back 100% on this! We ain't gonna let um ruin it this time.

I don't think fighting is going to build anybody's enthusiasm. It was ok to ask, but they said NOS is not allowed, so quit arguing your points. Either join by the rules, or simply ignore the threads and the race. Your life will continue as before. No need for name calling from either side, and the profanities can stop flying. Two choices: IN or OUT. No money to win or lose. Do it cheap, throw a 75 dollar cold air on your daughters '97 Neon, and post a E.T. slip. Or how about a TQ and cast intake on that rusty Volare wagon on craigslist for 800 bucks? we don't care! Let's have fun and not make it a parade of bracket cars that are at every drag strip. CHEAP (real cost) $$$$.

Except the neon isn't allowed because it has fuel injection or did other people besides me already get to discuss that rule without just choosing in or out?

I still say you all need to lighten up because the only thing better forthen a cheap friendly competition is a fun cheap friendly competition.

Go to what was discussed in the other thread, earlier in this thread.

Rob, It might be helpful to try and capture all the suggestions into a list,
What do You think? Then suggestions are all in one place, we can also capture whether they were approved or rejected.

Check the other thread. ;)
I think it's there.
Could be earlier in this one?

Rob, It might be helpful to try and capture all the suggestions into a list,
What do You think? Then suggestions are all in one place, we can also capture whether they were approved or rejected.

Then you will have people pissin and moanin about what is approved and disapproved. I think we should do it pretty much like Rob is outlining. Lay it down and if you want to participate, good, if not, the sit in the bleachers. This was Rob's idea to begin with last time he tried it. You've been a big help getting the rules he's come up with organized. That's how I think we ought to do it. We're just not gonna please everybody no matter what.

That's my 2 cents. I will back whatever yall decide.

Check the other thread. ;)
I think it's there.
Could be earlier in this one?
Didn't see anything about factory fuel injection cars being disallowed in the other threads. Let me know, I can go either way. I will spill the beans on something. What about factory FI turbo cars??? Not trying to throw stick in the wheel, but I used a 1985 Dodge 2.2 turbo to go 14.60's for 400 bucks. Bought the car for 200 and put 200 in it that any rookie could do to go that E.T. But hey, I get it if you don't want turbos (even if the car came with one). I don't have one now, and probably won't buy a specific car for this race, just use something that I have already. Please make it clear if factory FI ok, and if factory boosted cars are ok... (that boost will be cranked up).. lol

Hey I just going with a cheap beater yanking /6 and going small block,auto,8 3/4 rear, front disc and full exhaust....I already got all the parts.May use the 318 I got for free....
Just keeping it simple....

Hey I just going with a cheap beater yanking /6 and going small block,auto,8 3/4 rear, front disc and full exhaust....I already got all the parts.May use the 318 I got for free....

Leave the side marker hangin off. That'll be your trade mark. I love it.

I like it a lot! :blob:

This looks like a good start for this competition. Heck this is a good start for any competition! 1965 Valiant 2dr post for $1400.
http://lewiston.craigslist.org/cto/4759735410.html
00Z0Z_e84VinOFvTQ_600x450.jpg

That is super cool. Judging from the grille and the push button shifter they have a 64.

Didn't see anything about factory fuel injection cars being disallowed in the other threads. Let me know, I can go either way. I will spill the beans on something. What about factory FI turbo cars??? Not trying to throw stick in the wheel, but I used a 1985 Dodge 2.2 turbo to go 14.60's for 400 bucks. Bought the car for 200 and put 200 in it that any rookie could do to go that E.T. But hey, I get it if you don't want turbos (even if the car came with one). I don't have one now, and probably won't buy a specific car for this race, just use something that I have already. Please make it clear if factory FI ok, and if factory boosted cars are ok... (that boost will be cranked up).. lol

Wow, I um, well, I DIDNT THINK ABOUT THAT ONE LOL!!!!

The reason I didn't think about that one was my head was in old iron. Pre-turbo years.
That would split the rules! LOL!
You didn't add one but it is factory stock.
If you have one already, join in.
Otherwise, Let us leave the factory turbo cars out this round.
We'll stick them in next round.

On the F.I., I don't have a problem with people running it. If you come across a beat up Ram with a 5.2 or a 5.9 and raid everything you need from it, WHY? Throw away the F.I.????
That would seem counter productive.
A lot of people have no idea how to do what is needed for such a swap and may see it for the first time. Yea, I know there is a thread or two about it. ;)

very correct hard to tell the intent of the post, yall keep this fun, be respectful of each other and keep the spirit of the rules in your minds, I don't see where it say's no power adders such as turbo's or nitrous or blowers but seems to make sense to disallow them and keep it to "OLD SCHOOL" engine building, there are simple back yard techniques to enhance horsepower that can and should be talked about such as gas porting the pistons, blueprinting and balancing, port matching, porting and polishing, oil system modifications, most of these techniques can be done with simple hand tools such as a die grinder and drill. I was asked to look at this thread and try to keep it on track, this is my attempt Ya'll keep it real and fun.

Richard petty would go so far as to use a fish scale to see how much drag it would take to move a piston and rings thru a cylinder to get them even for that added level of precision in balancing, yes balancing does add horsepower and longevity to your engine
!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Yea, it is easier to miss humor on the net. Reading text can be easy but it isn't allways so easy to pick up on how it is ment to be read or the feelings behind it.

HEY! We're up to 29 crazy people!!!!

-
Back