2nd try? On the cheap friendly comp?

Who wants to show the world how to get'er done cheap!

• Total voters
-
Anyone work'n on anything since the weathers starting to get nicer? Just curious... I'm trying to decide what to enter. It will have to be something I already have as time, budget, and projects already in process (home included..lol) are drowning me lol.

Weather just broke here last week. Just yesterday I received a under dash wiring harrnass for the Duster. Having a charging issue as well. The wild nest of wires under the dash needs attention badly!

Also making headway on my Magnum. Which means, half step forward and 2 steps back.

Biggest issue so far is insurance. With my fender bender and when I was carrying my daughter, she had 2 accidents, well, they dropped everything but my daily driver and not one other company will even look at me.

I'm hoping to make the end of the season. (Sad *** chit huh?!?!)
So, I'm getting ready the cars without insurance in hope to get some later.
Yea, that's a little messed up right?!?!
Allways there's hope........

I left Jason (Son-in-law) to the Duster.
I'm going to try and champion the '79 Magnum.
Bleed breaks, install wipers, fix electrical, tune carb and go race ..... If I an get insurance ..... Groan...

Weather just broke here last week. Just yesterday I received a under dash wiring harrnass for the Duster. Having a charging issue as well. The wild nest of wires under the dash needs attention badly!

Also making headway on my Magnum. Which means, half step forward and 2 steps back.

Biggest issue so far is insurance. With my fender bender and when I was carrying my daughter, she had 2 accidents, well, they dropped everything but my daily driver and not one other company will even look at me.

I'm hoping to make the end of the season. (Sad *** chit huh?!?!)
So, I'm getting ready the cars without insurance in hope to get some later.
Yea, that's a little messed up right?!?!
Allways there's hope........

I left Jason (Son-in-law) to the Duster.
I'm going to try and champion the '79 Magnum.
Bleed breaks, install wipers, fix electrical, tune carb and go race ..... If I an get insurance ..... Groan...
Boy, for all the luck :(

I am making slow progress on the RobKat. The rain has been so bad that I have not done much at all. I do almost have the HVAC box out and once that's done I can tackle the transmission tunnel issue.

I just being playing with my 74 Dart and both Friday and Saturday the track got rained out.
I be starting on el cheapo 72 Dart soon....or Hanging Marker !!!

I am making slow progress on the RobKat. The rain has been so bad that I have not done much at all. I do almost have the HVAC box out and once that's done I can tackle the transmission tunnel issue.
Nice to here you've done something, though. I'll be interested to see what it runs, and pictures :) . I might enter my Ram 2500, but not sure if any newbies would have any interest.

Thanks. It's slow going for sure.

I would be real interested in that. I like the older stuff better for sure, but there's lots of newer stuff to be had cheap too. Go for it.

Here's what I ended up doing with my son-in-law $800 for a 1975 Honda CB550f made the first day of worldwide production with only 3200 miles on it. I put another $600 or so in parts mostly in sidecovers, their paint match, and new tires. It will run in the mid to high 14's. My son did me better in bang for the buck but his is no where near as pretty. He got a 84 700 V4 Saber that is much quicker, probably capable of hitting low 13's in the right hands. He has under $1000 in his bike.
vbpgimage.php

Here's what I ended up doing with my son-in-law $800 for a 1975 Honda CB550f made the first day of worldwide production with only 3200 miles on it. I put another $600 or so in parts mostly in sidecovers, their paint match, and new tires. It will run in the mid to high 14's. My son did me better in bang for the buck but his is no where near as pretty. He got a 84 700 V4 Saber that is much quicker, probably capable of hitting low 13's in the right hands. He has under $1000 in his bike.
vbpgimage.php
Nice bike. I rode a snowmobile that ran 10.60's that I could have bought for 1600 bucks. But these bikes, snowmobiles & ATV type stuff aren't allowed in the race

Nice bike. I rode a snowmobile that ran 10.60's that I could have bought for 1600 bucks. But these bikes, snowmobiles & ATV type stuff aren't allowed in the race

I know, I'm never going to bother taking it to a dragstip either, that just wouldn't be much fun. What is fun is winding down the back roads by the river on a beautiful spring day with the ability to leave most cars behind you on a beautiful well engineered machine for $1400.

Ps, it costs $30/year to insure, $75 for permanent plates, and gets 40-50 miles per gallon.

Got the Scamp wired and running again,need some bucks for a windshield & molding.

I just rewired the under dash of the Duster and will get to the rear harrnass later. The wiring is shot from the heat of Ga. I had issues with it not charging. I went through 5 Alt.'s & 4 voltage regulators. Amazing! Brand new rebuilt CRAP!

But the Duster charges now!

Now to bleed the brakes. Starting at the master.
Jason installed a MSD6 digital.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 113
My '79 Magnum needs a break bleeding the same as the Duster. From the master on. I needed to get 3 new lines. After that, I have to put the nose, bumper and trunk lid back on. I hope the wiring isn't to screwed up.

Besides a radio, & insurance, I'm ready to cruise.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 117
Looks like progress is in the making. I bet the BB duster will be a blast....

I hope so. Jason is new to "Hot Rodding" though he did build a Ford Bronco with a Clevelte engine and a Honda Del-Sol that put out 323 HP at the rear wheels. A big block MoPar is new to him and I think he is missing something .... Oh yea.... My advice... He WANTS to do this set up.
He also has fender well headers @ 2 inch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 123
-
Back