3.91 and 3.55 741 Chunks w/ Auburn Suregrip

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Each - do you have any opinion on aubrun versus clutch type suregrips?

I've rebuilt and sold many of these over the years and I can say they are both good. People like the clutch type as they are easier to rebuild. But the auburn type can be reworked too. I just takes some machining which I can do.

I am in the same boat....though I am looking for a 742 case with 3.55s and suregrip.

I have found a 741 single leg, 3.55 but no other luck so far locally, where I can check it out some in person.....

Are you worried at all about buying a used chunk?

At $350, wondering if its worth the gamble/risk...To have a used chunk rebuilt is gonna be several hundred......add that to the $350-450 they are going for used, and you can pretty much buy one already built. ?????

I am in the same boat....though I am looking for a 742 case with 3.55s and suregrip.

I have found a 741 single leg, 3.55 but no other luck so far locally, where I can check it out some in person.....

Are you worried at all about buying a used chunk?

At $350, wondering if its worth the gamble/risk...To have a used chunk rebuilt is gonna be several hundred......add that to the $350-450 they are going for used, and you can pretty much buy one already built. ?????

Yes, I have some reservations about a used chunk but I haven't found a built one that would be much less than rebuilding a bad used one. Considering I've put 3,500 miles on my '66 in 2-years even if it's very used I should still get plenty of years out of it - at least that's my hope.

If anybody want the 741 3.55 for $300 let me know. The buyer doesn't want to ship but I will forward it on for a soul in need of a suregrip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back