3 FISH LIMIT AL's BUDGET BUILD

-
I'll try it again and maybe get some help.
Ordered a bunch of brake parts yesterday. That will be next up after the glass
Fred is that your old Ford Truck ? That is a really cool ride.

I'll try it again and maybe get some help.
Ordered a bunch of brake parts yesterday. That will be next up after the glass
Fred is that your old Ford Truck ? That is a really cool ride.
Yea put it together 2 years ago she is in rough shape but runs and drives real good.
Gonna take it to a few shows and the drags. BBQ grill on the back and lawn chairs with a cooler of beer. Just gotta find a designated driver so I can do the cooking and drink beer. lol

I need to find the rest of the trim for the deck lid .
Like I said aftermarket seals are not quite the same fit and sometimes better to cut the rubber and fill in with sealer of good quality but just me.
I just can't bring myself to cut a $225 piece of rubber in two. I'll keep working with it for a while.

200.webp

Finally got to do some work on the car today. Ordered a bunch of Brake parts from RockAuto . Got the rears on today . Only have the right side caliper in stock so have to wait till I find the left side to finish up there. Gonna run all new lines so went to AutoZone to get some lines. You know they only stock ONE of each part. The guy says you could go to NAPA they might have what you need ! Pretty Sad to have to tell your customers to go to your competition to get what you want. Parts stores suck anymore.
20191127_124148.jpg

I need to send the caliper core back to RockAuto. Any of you guys ever had to mess with that. I would hate to send it to them and they says it's not a good core and I'm out of a caliper

What's the core charge? Sell it here for the core price?
I need to send the caliper core back to RockAuto. Any of you guys ever had to mess with that. I would hate to send it to them and they says it's not a good core and I'm out of a caliper

Hey Al I know my car is different but I do have some spare parts that I'm going to get rid of, all engine and suspension parts mostly. Let me know what you need that I can help you with.

I also, may have a few things . Lmk what u need ? My 67 is almost done, many extras, Mahalo for your help, C

I ran some new brake lines from the rear forward and from the fronts over to the prop valve I got from @Dartn440 which arrived today just in time.
20191129_155723.jpg

I found out I have all my front spindles and calipers on the opposite side of what they should be. :BangHead:
So I guess I'll have to change that out.
Also some more small parts showed up today.
20191129_160007.jpg

Nice!!! Glad you could use it. And I had to ask several times on the spindles, calipers, and Upper control arms. Lol

Well after checking around, I have the frontend parts on the right sides. I will have to recheck the caliper that was supposed to be a right side that I think is left side. RockAuto only had right side, so I ordered it. Maybe they made a mistake or don't know the difference. Might just have to take a shot and get another right side and see which side it fits

Well, putting the whole car together is probably the easy part. Since most of the parts came in the package deal. Just a matter of picking through all the stuff ,deciding what I wanted to use, what was usable, and go from there.
Now getting all the separate systems installed, up and working definitely will be more time consuming ,while trying not to blow the budget out of the water. Lol.

Spent the morning duking it out with the rear windshield and seal. First time the old used seal kicked my butt , didn't get it in. scratched the paint all up around the hole. Touched it all up ,bought a new seal . Second bout not much better than the first. saved the paint but through in the towel . WINDOW 2 , AL 0 . Well today with a couple weeks of heavy training and working out the 3rd rematch was a success !
It took all 12 rounds and a split decision , But I knocked it out ! :mad::icon_fU:( got it in ) Now on to bigger and better things.
20191201_142155.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back