3 FISH LIMIT AL's BUDGET BUILD

-
I got some short tubed headers out of my car that I will not be using if they work on your car if you can use them will send them to you. Also a 73 Electronic Dist. if you need one.
Thanks Fred , I'll keep that in mind. I have a couple Dist's . I pretty sure the headers are good to go , But I'll have to make sure

You might be able to get speaker covers from Walmart? Even at a stereo shop shouldnt be too pricey?
Engine looks good!
I was also messing with putting the package tray and speakers in today. DO NOT BUY these speakers. The plastic grills are so fuckin thin, as soon as I put any tension on the screws they would just snap into pieces. Chinese ****. Now I have to find some more grills.

You might be able to get speaker covers from Walmart? Even at a stereo shop shouldnt be too pricey?
Engine looks good!
Ya , I'll have to look around for some new covers. That's an older pic of my engine. Steve, I just remembered I have a set of tall eddie Valve covers laying around somewhere . If I need em.

I got all the brake lines run and bled yesterday. All good there. So it's on to bigger and better things.
I guess I'll start looking at what it's gonna take to get the engine and trans in the car along with the headers .

I got all the brake lines run and bled yesterday. All good there. So it's on to bigger and better things.
I guess I'll start looking at what it's gonna take to get the engine and trans in the car along with the headers .
Sounds good hope you have help putting the engine in.

I'm pretty sure the headers I have , I have to knock the center link loose and run it through the header. I think I'm gonna check out a new mini starter first. I only want to do this once.

Do a search on here Al, I believe a Dakota starter will work for you. Not sure of the year.
I'm pretty sure the headers I have , I have to knock the center link loose and run it through the header. I think I'm gonna check out a new mini starter first. I only want to do this once.

Do a search on here Al, I believe a Dakota starter will work for you. Not sure of the year.
Ya , any starter from like early 90s for a v6 or v8. Nipinninso or how ever you spell that in Japanese . I have 4 old mopar starters . But would rather have a new one.

when I recently picked up my starter they actually have the Dakota starter shown as a replacement for my 69 Dart now, same part number at Oreilly for either vehicle N712608A

Prepping things for the installFlushed the trans out , new paint and also painted the headers .
20191210_113946.jpg

Got it all stuffed in there. I was wanting to get a new mini starter, but used one I had laying around. It still had newer looking reman stickers on it and tested good. So what the heck. Wasn't to sure on the headers . But I guess they are the right ones for an A body. Left side seems to hang a little low, but I think that's pretty much normal. Any idea what they are?
20191210_113958.jpg

20191210_152524.jpg

Prepping things for the installFlushed the trans out , new paint and also painted the headers .
View attachment 1715435955
Got it all stuffed in there. I was wanting to get a new mini starter, but used one I had laying around. It still had newer looking reman stickers on it and tested good. So what the heck. Wasn't to sure on the headers . But I guess they are the right ones for an A body. Left side seems to hang a little low, but I think that's pretty much normal. Any idea what they are?View attachment 1715435975

View attachment 1715435962
Not sure Al but that engine bay looks good.

Thanks Fred. I need to come up with some plastic body plugs to fill some left over hole in there. It's coming together pretty decent for a low budget build. Next up I guess is hooking everything up. And probably buy more parts , as always.

Thanks Fred. I need to come up with some plastic body plugs to fill some left over hole in there. It's coming together pretty decent for a low budget build. Next up I guess is hooking everything up. And probably buy more parts , as always.
Yea need some body plugs as well and always need more parts. LOL

After installing the engine although I like how low the front sits. I had to raise the ride height. The headers are only about 2 inches off the ground.
20191211_151824.jpg
20191211_151854.jpg

I also installed the trans along with a few parts I got from some members here.
20191211_151728.jpg

Mine is still kinda in line as long as the engine and trans work out for me. I should figure it all up and see where I am really at.:eek::eek::eek:

Mine is still kinda in line as long as the engine and trans work out for me. I should figure it all up and see where I am really at.:eek::eek::eek:
After buying my car and all the money I have in it will be just under 40 grand when finished, And still just a Scamp worth about 20,000 but I love my car and would not sell it. Gonna drive every last dollar I got in it and squeeze out every penny till it's gone or me. lol

After buying my car and all the money I have in it will be just under 40 grand when finished, And still just a Scamp worth about 20,000 but I love my car and would not sell it. Gonna drive every last dollar I got in it and squeeze out every penny till it's gone or me. lol
Fred , here is where I'm at on this cuda.
I gave $2500 for the pair and all the extra parts.
So far I have sold off a total of $4800 in parts. Thats a + $2300
I added up most the receipts (mostly) for parts , spent $4600 + maybe another $1000 from members here for other parts.

So lets see.
$2500
+ $5600
= $8100
- $4800 for the parts I sold
= $3300
I think I have about $1500 in my engine = $4800
And I still have some parts left to sell that I haven't even listed yet.

So I really don't know how much more I'll have to spend , But would like to keep it under $10 Gs

Last edited:
I added up most the receipts (mostly) for parts , spent $4600 + maybe another $1000 from members here for other parts.

So lets see.
$2500
+ $5600
= $8100
= $3300

So I really don't know how much more I'll have to spent , But would like to keep it under $10 Gs
Wow your doing great can't get better than that.

You're doing fantastic! Especially considering the quality and stage your at.:thumbsup:

So lets see.
$2500
+ $5600
= $8100
= $3300

So I really don't know how much more I'll have to spent , But would like to keep it under $10 Gs

Here's the scoop on the last few days. Good And Bad :mad: I installed the engine and trans last week and got it all filled with fluids and all hooked up. Went to prime the oil system and no go. would not prime. Now this engine has been sitting in a couple different garages for at least 5 years, fresh rebuild never installed in anything. I had a big hyd cam in it for a project I was going to build that never got off the ground, because of lifes big twist and turns. Anyway I recently swapped in a smaller cam and buttoned it all up. Well, I never put a oil pick up tube in it . Long story short, :BangHead: I had to pull it all back out . Got it all back in and now it's all good to go. That was the bad. The good---. Had a good week of selling off some parts and buying way more than I sold :lol:.
I picked up a coil from pearljam724
picked up some trunk trim from jonesboys
picked up a carb from couper 340
and a new champion radiator

Sold A/C vent to neonrt_98
sold Erson cam to moparmat2000
sold a oem radiator to fnabody
sold my K/H caliper cores to hemi71x
And I got a freebee headlight knob from my bud up in canada, 4spdragtop

I want to thank all you guys for buying my stuff and selling me yours. :thankyou:

-
Back