3 FISH LIMIT AL's BUDGET BUILD

-
Any one of you guys needing a nice 67 grill surround jonesboys has a nice set for a nice price. thats who I got my deck trim from. Also a nice price !! Thanks

Ok ---look what I got from Santa !
20191220_231646.jpg

Thanks ,very cool. I think I know who sent me this.

Haven't done anything on the car , My wife is in the hospital for the last 2 days. Gets to come home tomorrow if the Doc's sign off on her .

My pleasure Al, I saw it on here and knew exactly where it was going lol. Least I could do my friend.
Glad its nothing too "serious" with the wife. Ive never had them, Dad did and said it was the most pain he had ever went thru. Surgery to remove maybe be better than passing them??
Haven't done anything on the car , My wife is in the hospital for the last 2 days. Gets to come home tomorrow if the Doc's sign off on her .

Steve, that little van is pretty detailed for a 1/64
Thanks

Out of that 6 piece van set, it seems the only one everybody wants is the one you have Al. I have one of these too. Really nice and detailed. I got a Ford parts econoline one. And am hunting for the Shelby American econoline as well.

Got My engine fired up today , finally. The first distributor , one of those Chineseium kind with the GM module in it. It would fire but not run. pulled it out stuck an old stock points dizzy in and nodda. Dug up some old points that I took out of the van ,put in the dizzy and fired right up. Sounds good, couldn't run to long without any radiator. Starter sounds like **** . It keeps dis engaging and eating the teeth on the flywheel.
Question # 1
It's a 130 tooth fly wheel . Is that the same as a torque converter ring gear ? They don't take different starters do they ?
Anyway I just ordered a new mini like I should have in the 1st place. Hope they're the same. And I have a new :realcrazy:chineseium dizzy coming to.
My new Champion 3 row radiator showed up late to day, got it mocked up in there . Looks like it will work out nice.
Having issues with the throw out bearing. It keeps coming loose off the fork. Only thing I can figure is it's not the right one.:rolleyes:. It has a plastic collar that slides on the tranny snout instead of cast iron like the good old ones .
Question # 2
Anyone know the part # for the right one ? Cast iron.

Got My engine fired up today , finally. The first distributor , one of those Chineseium kind with the GM module in it. It would fire but not run. pulled it out stuck an old stock points dizzy in and nodda. Dug up some old points that I took out of the van ,put in the dizzy and fired right up. Sounds good, couldn't run to long without any radiator. Starter sounds like **** . It keeps dis engaging and eating the teeth on the flywheel.
Question # 1
It's a 130 tooth fly wheel . Is that the same as a torque converter ring gear ? They don't take different starters do they ?
Anyway I just ordered a new mini like I should have in the 1st place. Hope they're the same. And I have a new :realcrazy:chineseium dizzy coming to.
My new Champion 3 row radiator showed up late to day, got it mocked up in there . Looks like it will work out nice.
Having issues with the throw out bearing. It keeps coming loose off the fork. Only thing I can figure is it's not the right one.:rolleyes:. It has a plastic collar that slides on the tranny snout instead of cast iron like the good old ones .
Question # 2
Anyone know the part # for the right one ? Cast iron.
All questions are above my head AL but glad ya got it running. I got a stock electronic out of my Scamp and you can have it if you want just let me know and will send it your way.

Got the car put together enough to take it around the block a few times. Open headers , temporary fuel tank and no hood ! Heres a few pics.
20191225_151138.jpg
20191225_151218.jpg
20191225_151312.jpg
20191225_151256.jpg

I was amazed that the tach ,temp, oil pressure and amp gauge and speedo all worked .

Ya , well it's no where near road ready yet. But got some input on what needs to be tweeked and adjusted. About drug the headers to the point of ruining them.

Ya , well it's no where near road ready yet. But got some input on what needs to be tweeked and adjusted. About drug the headers to the point of ruining them.
Sorry to here that but glad there still there.

-
Back