3 FISH LIMIT AL's BUDGET BUILD

-
Well it was till I about drug the header pipes off on that test drive. Had to crank the T bars up. Hey Rob, while I have your attention here, I just got one of those Chinese Distributors View attachment 1715445500 and it says to use a coil with resistance of 0.5 - 1.0 .

This will not work with it?
View attachment 1715445501

All that means is to make sure you use a coil with a resistor with a half ohm to one ohm value. If that coil is not marked "USE WITH EXTERNAL RESISTOR" you need one that is and a ballast resistor between a half and one ohm, just like a stock Mopar ignition.

All that means is to make sure you use a coil with a resistor with a half ohm to one ohm value. If that coil is not marked "USE WITH EXTERNAL RESISTOR" you need one that is and a ballast resistor between a half and one ohm, just like a stock Mopar ignition.
Are the stock coils on say a 67 6volt ? the dizzy say 12 v coil only.

Fred I just looked up bisbee and it said Population is 127 people . Is that correct?
Yea live in the middle of know place. I like it. My son landed his air plane on hwy 66 and taxied it in to my yard try that any place but here. lol

I picked up a bumper from a member here and it showed up today. Stuck it on with a couple bolts, need to pick up a few more .
20200104_152625.jpg

Also installed the speedmaster dizzy and coil .
20200104_152533.jpg

I had a 600 cfm 1405 Edlebrock carb that came with the car parts back when I got all this stuff, was told it was on a running engine. I bought a bigger one , 750 cfm 1407 from a member here. I had the small one listed for sale, but tried it on the car the other day and it runs good. So I'm not sure which one I'm going to need so I'll keep them both for know.

**** Fred ,if it gets down in the low 60s we freeze to death down here . Fricken people have the parkas on ,Stocking hats ,shorts, and socks on with their sandals.:lol:
Use to drive semi and spent some time down your way in the winter and was in a tee shirt and people had coats on and complaining about the cold. Yea Al different from up top to down bottom. Getting harder for me to handle the cold but can't handle the heat as well.

Got the fuel tank and lines and other parts of the system all installed the other day. I also got a couple quotes on custom exhaust, and holy crap these shops down here are out of the minds on $$$$. Starting at $700 for duels from the headers back out the rear.:eek::icon_fU:. That aint happinin anytime soon. More than 1 way to skin a cat. Insurance and plates and I'm goin down the road. OH and a front end alignment.

20200107_120222-jpg.jpg

For about $700 you can get 2.5" TTI Exhaust system with mandrel bends, H pipe, dynomax mufflers, bolts right in. Much better than any exhaust shop will do. Comes complete. In my opinion best way to go, used there stuff on quit a few builds no complaints. By the way Al your Bcuda is looking awesome,
Yeah, I guess I'll hold off on real exhaust for a while. Thanks the car is far from perfect but good enough for a driver/ cruiser.

I saw that on your thread.
I have graciously been entertained in Fred’s shop and subsequently fed quite well. Not to mention an adult beverage or two. But I gotta say there is no way Bisbee has 127 folks. We were at the tavern and there was only about twenty people! The Sublime One is mine!

7433B14E-A678-4EC1-9B38-1C7A4AB3DFA5.jpeg

Got the fuel tank and lines and other parts of the system all installed the other day. I also got a couple quotes on custom exhaust, and holy crap these shops down here are out of the minds on $$$$. Starting at $700 for duels from the headers back out the rear.:eek::icon_fU:. That aint happinin anytime soon. More than 1 way to skin a cat. Insurance and plates and I'm goin down the road. OH and a front end alignment.

View attachment 1715450188
Gonna have to do a video and show us.
Good for you All looks fantastic.

That's the best kind, you wont be afraid drive it. that is why i am building my 65 bcuda. The six pack Charger is my pride and joy show car but afraid to drive it, for fear of getting wrecked.
I was out test driving mine today, and people where freakin me out, pulling out in front of me. Need an old beater wreck and no want to get close to you. LOL

I have graciously been entertained in Fred’s shop and subsequently fed quite well. Not to mention an adult beverage or two. But I gotta say there is no way Bisbee has 127 folks. We were at the tavern and there was only about twenty people! The Sublime One is mine!

View attachment 1715450204
Next time John your Demon will be parked next to the truck and we will Try and get as many guys from FABO as we can to come join us so my town will look alive. lol

Got some make shift exhaust on the car yesterday using the pipes and "cherrybomb" mufflers :rolleyes: I had laying around . They'll have to do for a while till I get more important things finished up. Sat in the DMV today for about 3 fricken hours getting plates , but thats over and I have an appointment next Tues for a front end alignment.:thumbsup:

-
Back