3 FISH LIMIT AL's BUDGET BUILD

-
20190107_120307.jpg
20190107_160559.jpg
That dent was almost a foot long on the roof of a newer Suburban made by a moose I got it out just took 2 hours but no painting our body putty.
You have a lot more metal but you might be able to make it better with a little practice.

I went back to the pick and pull to get the rear seats from the car I already got the fronts. Before I butcher em up I think I'll see how creative I can get to install them as they are in the cuda.
Gonna take some pretty good engineering. But they sure look good back there
Might need to loose a head rest or 3
20200125_130445.jpg
20200125_130507.jpg

I went back to the pick and pull to get the rear seats from the car I already got the fronts. Before I butcher em up I think I'll see how creative I can get to install them as they are in the cuda.
Gonna take some pretty good engineering. But they sure look good back there
Might need to loose a head rest or 3
View attachment 1715458603 View attachment 1715458604
Would look great in the Cuda are they wider than your car?

Would look great in the Cuda are they wider than your car?
The pics are of them just sitting in the back of the cuda. Not mounted or installed yet. The bottom is a little narrow . Ill see what I can do when I get some time, fitting them in there for real. Not a very good pic.

The pics are of them just sitting in the back of the cuda. Not mounted or installed yet. The bottom is a little narrow . Ill see what I can do when I get some time, fitting them in there for real. Not a very good pic.
Doesn't look like it will take a lot to fit from what I see. Your giving me some ideas on mine, keep us posted please.

These seats need to sit on a flat floor or platform, I think.. once I get it figured out I will post some pictures. Should be similar to yours.

Hood seal showed up today. forgot I even ordered it. Perfect fit.View attachment 1715454052 View attachment 1715454053 Found it on EBAY, have gotten a couple different parts from this company. They are US made in house according to the Company. I would recommend this company if you don't like Chineseium stuff. Same price range.

Hell , They might be the only business left in Detroit.:rolleyes:
:lol:I don't live very far from them

I've been ordering interior parts to finish up inside the car.. Got the seats from a 2015 Dart in a pick and pull yard about a week ago, got some new carpet, seat belts and some stuff like a heavy felt carpet to cover the cardboard trunk divider. Bump the budget up $300
20200131_174130.jpg

20200202_121619.jpg

My wife helped by stitching up the blown out airbag seam. Couldn't tell after she worked some magic on it.
20200203_150643.jpg
20200203_150713.jpg

Got the rears stuck in place and they fit pretty damn good. $30 more on the hit to the budget .

I've been ordering interior parts to finish up inside the car.. Got the seats from a 2015 Dart in a pick and pull yard about a week ago, got some new carpet, seat belts and some stuff like a heavy felt carpet to cover the cardboard trunk divider. Bump the budget up $300
View attachment 1715464143
View attachment 1715464142
My wife helped by stitching up the blown out airbag seam. Couldn't tell after she worked some magic on it.
View attachment 1715464144 View attachment 1715464145
Got the rears stuck in place and they fit pretty damn good. $30 more on the hit to the budget .
Good carpet Al I bought the same. I really want to see the seats in when you get them in.

Heres the rears in place
20200203_155148.jpg
20200203_155215.jpg

Sold the old stockers to a member the other day for cores. Got the front seats put back in just waiting on the new front belts and I'm just about done in there except for a sound system. Total on the new interior is about $400
20200203_155148.jpg
20200203_155215.jpg

15793881225675391655173908903731-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Fred, They are a little darker than they look in the pics might be the lighting but they look good in there, and feel way better than 50 year old seats.

Fred, They are a little darker than they look in the pics might be the lighting but they look good in there, and feel way better than 50 year old seats.
They look great I am surprised they fit so well.
How about the front seats I see your seamstress repairing them and sure they look great.

The front passenger seat air bag blew also. She sewed it up to. They fit good but I had to make them fit, they didn't just bolt in. The only thing is the fronts don't fold forward to much to allow access into the back seat, since these seats came out of a 4 door car

The front passenger seat air bag blew also. She sewed it up to. They fit good but I had to make them fit, they didn't just bolt in. The only thing is the fronts don't fold forward to much to allow access into the back seat, since these seats came out of a 4 door car
I remember your pictures getting them to fit. Good info on the seats not folding forward enough never thought about that.

I guess after I get the cuda all lined out I will probably try to sell the van off. I don't need all these vehicles.

I guess after I get the cuda all lined out I will probably try to sell the van off. I don't need all these vehicles.
That's what I did Sold my 68 Chevy short box pick up not to long ago that was my daily driver and still feel bad for doing it.
Hate to see you get rid of it Al a sweet ride but I under stand.

-
Back