3 FISH LIMIT AL's BUDGET BUILD

-
Picked up a new windshield this week while I was up in North Georgia. Stopped in at AMD, they keep them in stock. Good price too. $150.
20200904_151106.jpg
20200904_151150.jpg
20200904_152730.jpg
20200904_192735.jpg

Out with the old and in with the new in about a half hour. Easy job with a new seal.

Picked up a new windshield this week while I was up in North Georgia. Stopped in at AMD, they keep them in stock. Good price too. $150.
View attachment 1715589961 View attachment 1715589962 View attachment 1715589963 View attachment 1715589964
Out with the old and in with the new in about a half hour. Easy job with a new seal.
Looks good my friend I'm still waiting for mine but still driving it.
Car show tomorrow wish you were here got a few beers, snacks and a lawn chairs ready to go.

Looks good my friend I'm still waiting for mine but still driving it.
Car show tomorrow wish you were here got a few beers, snacks and a lawn chairs ready to go.
Yea, Fred. You gave me the Idea to get a new windshield. My old one had some yellowing around the edges and a foggy spot in front of the passengers view. And it was clear . New one is tinted with the darker band on top. Fit good. can't complain !!

Yea, Fred. You gave me the Idea to get a new windshield. My old one had some yellowing around the edges and a foggy spot in front of the passengers view. And it was clear . New one is tinted with the darker band on top. Fit good. can't complain !!
You need to seal it up or did it fit tight?

My gasket is a Precision and last I saw they want about $250 for the chrome plastic lockstrip. I look for something else or do without .
Precision is what I have but no locking strip required on mine.
You should be able to use a black rubber generic locking strip real cheap. Use to buy it in a big roll and I think there is only 4 types back then.
Made a special tool to insert it but not expensive.

Precision is what I have but no locking strip required on mine.
You should be able to use a black rubber generic locking strip real cheap. Use to buy it in a big roll and I think there is only 4 types back then.
Made a special tool to insert it but not expensive.
I have a piece of black lockstrip from the rear gasket but it's to small. I need to measure it and look for some a little fatter

Problem with the lockstrip is the damned profile. If it was your typical round bead it wouldnt be as much an issue.
1/2 hour to install? I'd be a 1/2 day just cleaning up all the broken glass.
Makes me cringe looking at these pics lol
I have a piece of black lockstrip from the rear gasket but it's to small. I need to measure it and look for some a little fatter

That's the hard part trying to get the right size.

20200904_203804.jpg

20200904_203759.jpg

moparfest 049 (Copy).JPG.jpg

moparfest 034 (Copy).JPG.jpg

Your right Steve the Precision seal takes a special lock strip. They make it like that so they can rape everyone that needs one.:icon_fU::lol:

I have some of the chrome lock strip, but it doesn't fit my seal. I need to find out what it does fit so I can get rid of it .

Still trying to get rid of extra parts but hate to throw them away.
Wattcha Got? I've been collecting stuff for my Spring '65 'cuda build.
I need a Windshield, LockStrip, Seat Tracks, Uca's, Lca's and a Front Bumper. Mostly Early Valiant/Barracuda Stuff...

View attachment 1715589961 View attachment 1715589962 View attachment 1715589963 View attachment 1715589964
I need one of those eventually! Mine is pretty fogged around the edges. Are they hard to do yourself? Is there just one seal or is there one on the inside and out? I've never removed one.

I need one of those eventually! Mine is pretty fogged around the edges. Are they hard to do yourself? Is there just one seal or is there one on the inside and out? I've never removed one.
Just one. Easy with a new seal. Use a lot of soap and water.

Does the windshield set inside of the seal? How does the stainless trim go back on over the seal?

-
Back