3 FISH LIMIT AL's BUDGET BUILD

-
Dangit Al, those seats look comfortable! Comin right along!

Good work Al! I see the strap on rear ds seat to fold it down, were you able to keep that functional?
I had to attach the seatbacks in stationary, but the center armrest is functional.. I really don't care for 3 headrest back there , but it is what it is. I really don't see having people back there on a regular basis.

Love the modern dart seats. Looks great. Was going to go with 05-09 mustang buckets myself, but found a pair of original 69 buckets.

Been out putting some miles on the car. Man this thing rides nice. Handles nice. Runs pretty good too ! I've been letting the wife drive it to get the hang of it.
drive-gif-gif.gif

Changed out the dash lights to some LEDs. I can actually read the gauges now !
Was it easy? Hell no ! Bought some lock sockets for the new bulbs supposed to be 5/8" but weren't , so I had a spare dash with some old extras. Ended up taking the instrument panel out , got them put in and working and seen a pin in the round main plug in was real loose had to steal the one in the other dash. Swapping It in to my good dash the temp gauge studs twisted out, had to steal one from the other dash. But other than that it all went ok.:BangHead:
Good thing I hung on to the other instrument cluster.
20200220_201536.jpg

Last edited:
These are the ones I used
s-l64-jpg.jpg
. Came 20 in a pack i think I used 8.
20x Canbus T10 194 168 W5W 5730 8 LED SMD White Car Side Wedge Light Bulb Lamp | eBay

I also have these coming
50x 6000K Pure White T10 Wedge 5050 5LED Light bulb W5W 168 921 192 194 2825 158 | eBay

I get in a hurry, I ordered 2 different kinds to compare but one showed up and I already have them in. The others will show up tomorrow.:BangHead:

Let me know how many you need I have plenty.
I also ordered these
20x T10 5/8"Hole Twist Wedge Instrument Panel Dash Light Bulb 194 168 Sockets | eBay
and of course they don't fit. They say 5/8 but are 1/2s bastards sell ya ****.

Last edited:
Changed out the dash lights to some LEDs. I can actually read the gauges now !
Was it easy? Hell no ! Bought some lock sockets for the new bulbs supposed to be 5/8" but weren't , so I had a spare dash with some old extras. Ended up taking the instrument panel out , got the put in and working and seen spin in the round main plug in was real loose had to steal the one in the other dash. Swapping Irvin to my good dash the temp gauge studs twisted out, had to steal one from the other dash. But other than that it all went ok.:BangHead:
Good thing I hung on to the other instrument cluster.
View attachment 1715473848
You need gas and your oil pressure is low.:rofl:
Looks like a big improvement.

Yes 8 bulbs is what it takes. I would be willing to pay you to get more than 8 of them since I need a few for exterior lights on my pickup, and am considering redoing my 67 dash in white as well since it looks really good that way. I always like to have spares of something in case I need them, and these store in such small space.

I really would like to find something that duplicates the chrysler blueish green that the OEM dash was.

Haven't posted here in a while. Had the cuda all put together and driving around. Had to pull the heads and take em to a machine shop to get reworked. $800 $$ worth of rework. SOB. So I've been busy selling $5 & $10 parts to help cove that deal and get me some room back in the shop. Sold my A100. Twice. :rolleyes: :BangHead:
First a local Police officer bought it. To wrap it like the Scooby mobile and take sick kids at the childrens hospital for joy rides in the parking lot. NOT a car guy . I tried explaining how to use the 3 on the tree shifter converted to automatic . But I guess he didn't understand and left it in low gear till it self destrucked 2 miles after he took off in it. I got a phone call he was broke down on side of the road. Went to the rescue and he handed me the ballancer pulley and belt. Told me he couldn't get it over 40 mph and all hell broke loose. Blew all the coolant out, I thought the engine was blown up , making all kinds of racket. JUst gave all his $$$ back , towed it home and made all the repairs and another guy called and wanted it :thumbsup::p:thankyou::usflag::wtf::drama::mad: And HELL YA please take it . Anyway it's gone now and the cuda has plenty of space in the garage.

Last edited:
Haven't posted here in a while. Had the cuda all put together and driving around. Had to pull the heads and take em to a machine shop to get reworked. $800 $$ worth of rework. SOB. So I've been busy selling $5 & $10 parts to help cove that deal and get me some room back in the shop. Sold my A100. Twice. :rolleyes: :BangHead:
Gonna miss the A100 Twice?

OK, heres the big dent I had to repair after dropping a big plastic water tank out of the rafters in the garage.
20200118_113339-jpg.jpg

-
Back