3 FISH LIMIT AL's BUDGET BUILD

-
I priced the repair at a local body shop and gave me a quote of $1100 to fix the hood and wet sand and buff the whole car. I thought, damn that's not to bad. Then I realized what a tight *** I am, and decided to repair it myself. Since I have nothing else to do with the virus thing going on.
So what the heck. Took me 2 days of messing around in the garage and it's back to good enough. :rolleyes:
20200421_115644.jpg

The dent had a crease in with it and there was another small ring up by the windshield.
20200421_131858.jpg

20200421_134755.jpg

20200422_174123.jpg

And back in business
20200422_181311.jpg

I had just enough paint leftover from the first time to do this repair.
So the way I see it, I'm up $1100 I can use towards an AC kit down the road.:thumbsup:

20200421_115628.jpg

I priced the repair at a local body shop and gave me a quote of $1100 to fix the hood and wet sand and buff the whole car. I thought, damn that's not to bad. Then I realized what a tight *** I am, and decided to repair it myself. Since I have nothing else to do with the virus thing going on.
So what the heck. Took me 2 days of messing around in the garage and it's back to good enough. :rolleyes:
View attachment 1715514119
The dent had a crease in with it and there was another small ring up by the windshield.
View attachment 1715514120
View attachment 1715514121
View attachment 1715514122
And back in business
View attachment 1715514123
I had just enough paint leftover from the first time to do this repair.
So the way I see it, I'm up $1100 I can use towards an AC kit down the road.:thumbsup:

View attachment 1715514118
Damn Al that's a sweet ride. Could ya post some pictures of the interior please.

Matt as soon as I get some time , I'm gonna send those heater core dealies to ya.
Steve I Have a box of goodies for you also . they letting car parts across the boarder ?
4spdragtop

Last edited:
Damn Al that's a sweet ride. Could ya post some pictures of the interior please.
Hey Fred all the pics I have are already posted here. Starting on post 355. They look lighter grey in the pics but they are darker .I pulled them out of a 2015 Dodge Dart. Made the car ride like a new car. The old ones in it weren't to bad , but My butt would just slide all over place on the old vinyl.

Good eye Matt, I got one similar but it's a college football can. Solid as heck!
Hey Al, I have a 25 gallon pennzoil trash can in my shop just like yours.
Hey Al, not quite sure....I've not had any issues. I shipped Dana some stuff a week ago but hasnt got them yet. From my experience it usually takes about 2 weeks.
I'm in no rush...if you got more extras planned for sale??
Matt as soon as I get some time , I'm gonna send those heater core dealies to ya.
Steve I Have a box of goodies for you also . they letting car parts across the boarder ?
4spdragtop

Good eye Matt, I got one similar but it's a college football can. Solid as heck!

Hey Al, not quite sure....I've not had any issues. I shipped Dana some stuff a week ago but hasnt got them yet. From my experience it usually takes about 2 weeks.
I'm in no rush...if you got more extras planned for sale??
Steve , I keep thinking I'm out of stuff, but keep finding more. getting less though.:poke:

I had some cherrybomb glass packs that came with the cars back when I bought it all. I've been running them till a couple days ago , I got some new M/F RUMBLES or what ever they are from the local parts store.
The cherrybombs were to loud when I mashed the gofast pedal. I had to modify the pipes I had to make the new mufflers fit , spent about $100 all together. I fired it up and it didn't sound any quieter in the garage. I was thinking damn wasted more $$$$:BangHead: .But after taking it for a long ride today I've determined it is much quieter , especially when I mash the gas. So I'm a happy camper for now.
drive-gif-gif.gif

20200506_150535.jpg

I am so glad that I went with the 4 speed when I built this car. It just makes it so much more fun to drive. And man this thing runs and rides sweet.
drive-gif-gif-gif.gif
:steering::lol:

I am so glad that I went with the 4 speed when I built this car. It just makes it so much more fun to drive. And man this thing runs and rides sweet.
View attachment 1715524462:steering::lol:
Hey Al I'm at work and on my cell phone so hope I don't push the wrong button. But just so you know you can't have all that fun without the rest of us enjoying it with you.lol

I want to get all the under hood stuff taken care of first. Won't be long though. I have a set of headers that came with the whole deal , But I haven't even checked to see if they'll fit. Same with the 4 spd trans. I have it but don't really know anything about it. looks ok inside ! And my engine is all fresh from like 5 years ago. I hope it's still good. I also got a Eddie carb with the deal. Might have to change the valve covers. I don't think they will work together :rolleyes:
View attachment 1715432763
Told ya when I was down there, just put the Eddie carb on, close the hood. If you don't hear a fight start between the carb and Hollies, you're good to go.

Told ya when I was down there, just put the Eddie carb on, close the hood. If you don't hear a fight start between the carb and Hollies, you're good to go.
Hey Steve , I will put the manual in the mail in the Morning.
The Eddie overpowered the little Holley twins. and now seam to get along ok. :lol:

-
Back