3 on tree / a903

-
Mine is a 64 Valiant, 225 903 and three on the tree. Works like a new one. Give me a bit and I'll go out and shoot a video of the shift linkage going through the gears and in neutral so you can see how it is supposed to work and "where" everything is supposed to be in each gear. It's gonna be a little while, so relax. lol

Mine is a 64 Valiant, 225 903 and three on the tree. Works like a new one. Give me a bit and I'll go out and shoot a video of the shift linkage going through the gears and in neutral so you can see how it is supposed to work and "where" everything is supposed to be in each gear. It's gonna be a little while, so relax. lol
Amazing I have video of mine close up too . 4107070379

Looking at your pictures, the front most lever (1st-reverse) on the column needs to be forcibly moved up. The levers should be even with each other when in neutral.

Pictures are from a 1968 FSM which seems to match your arrangement. This is to adjust the rod lengths. The screwdriver shown holds the2-3 lever pin in alignment with the slot on the cross-over blade.

Looks like your stuff needs to be cleaned and lubed. The torque tube (z-bar) looks like it could use some attention too.

20211014_115807.jpg

20211014_114230~2.jpg

20211014_114250~2.jpg

Looking at your pictures, the front most lever (1st-reverse) on the column needs to be forcibly moved up. The levers should be even with each other when in neutral.

Pictures are from a 1968 FSM which seems to match your arrangement. This is to adjust the rod lengths. The screwdriver shown holds the2-3 lever pin in alignment with the slot on the cross-over blade.

Looks like your stuff needs to be cleaned and lubed. The torque tube (z-bar) looks like it could use some attention too.

View attachment 1715805475

View attachment 1715805476

View attachment 1715805477

I agree! Neutral is always where to start.

I see that , I have arms off the trans so first /revers arm is floppy but the crossover blade picks up and goes down to 3rd but not second but . But crossover blade will let go of 2/3rd arm but will not pick up the 1st / r arm even with me sitting in engine bay prying on it and someone on car pulling shifter back in neutral I can’t get cross over blade notch to pick up the 1/r nub lol . I have videos of my movement but this site won’t allow to post :(

This driver over blade . It in natural state in neutral position in the car springs on to the 2/3 nub . But pulling lever in the car towards me let’s go of that nub but won’t grab on to 1/r . Even with me sittin in engine bay holding up on the 1/r lever trying to get it to fit . Neither lever is connected to trans but 1/r lever just falls down . Should it have tension on it ? How can both levers be in line with each other in neutral if arms are off trans and gravity pulls them to the ground ?

This pick is great but is is showing in in neutral ? And not connects to trans ? Because my levers doesn’t sit this way at all

F8A52BFE-10D3-4891-92A2-15D5BFB9751C.png

In car lever feels in neutral and is in this pic . Me forcing 1/r arm up it never grabs anything & the crossover blade notch won’t fit the 1/r nub in any position I can force it .
Let me get the video made and posted. Then we'll have some comparison.

Appreciate you all . This car ran and shifted like butter and then I parked it here to paint and stuff and now it just jacked up .

Thought this site doesn’t allow videos ? It won’t let me post any
They have to be hosted third party and then a link posted. When I get done with it, I'll post it to youtube, then post the link. Kitty's watchin the rest of a horror movie that's over at 1. She'll help me shoot it after that.

They have to be hosted third party and then a link posted. When I get done with it, I'll post it to youtube, then post the link. Kitty's watchin the rest of a horror movie that's over at 1. She'll help me shoot it after that.
Oh , I see let me try the same

Appreciate you all . This car ran and shifted like butter and then I parked it here to paint and stuff and now it just jacked up .
Did I read correctly that you have an A230? That's the transmission I would look towards getting ready to use. It's MUCH more heavy duty.....arguably as strong as the 833 4 speed, plus, it has the provision for a floor shifter. But for the now, we'll see if we caint help you get what you have going again. I'm sure we can.

Did I read correctly that you have an A230? That's the transmission I would look towards getting ready to use. It's MUCH more heavy duty.....arguably as strong as the 833 4 speed, plus, it has the provision for a floor shifter. But for the now, we'll see if we caint help you get what you have going again. I'm sure we can.

71 duster - 198 ci, 3 on tree 903

71 duster - 198 ci, 3 on tree 903

Maybe this helps you see what wrong ?
I’m in neutral position inside of car , both arms are off transmission. 1/r arm just falls via gravity . Reading these post and seeing pics I don’t see how they can line up while disconnected from trans but I can’t get them to line up even forcing

I am reading it . But it’s not clear as I don’t know how it should move working properly . But also pics are not that clear because at least with what I got going on they can’t line up .
Ok. I looked at your second video. It almost appears something may be broken inside the column. But let's wait until I post my video and see if you can get yours right from that before we make that diagnosis.

-
Back