3 point seat belts for a 68 barracuda

-

ratvon

Reaction score
My 68 barracuda does not have any anchor point for a 3 point belt in the roof i just put the headliner, no holes and I would like to put some in, so what has everybody been doing ? why do some have them and some dont? also were rear seat belts a standard mine seam to be missing

To put proper 3pts seat belts in your car you will have to pull back headliner in the appropriate place and install an anchor as required. Then replace headliner and install new seat belt. I am unsure but I believe the seatbelts were an option.
FWIW, I am doing the same thing in my car but the plates are already under the headliner in the correct location. Good luck if you try it.

got a pic of where the plates go in the stock location, I, too, would like some shoulder belts if only to feel better.
p.s. the option for 67 was #568 2 front shoulder belts $26.45

Search 3 point barracuda seat belts someone on here did have pictures I seen it yesterday . If I find it I'll try to send you the link

Man I cannot find it!!! Everthing but that ,also search shoulder belt mount those three words bring up a lot

Morris Classic Concepts LLC makes the three point for 68 Barracuda.

I bought mine from Year One after trying the generic kits. The Year One kits has the adapter bracket already installed for the floor mount (no Fabbing). They also have the correct length "drop down" loop from the ceiling.

I bought mine from Year One after trying the generic kits. The Year One kits has the adapter bracket already installed for the floor mount (no Fabbing). They also have the correct length "drop down" loop from the ceiling.
year one says they attach to the sail panel, are yours attached rear of the side quarter glass on the panel with the dome light.

mine are attached to the inner roof rail, through the headliner, in the factory location for the fronts .though I have the mounts in the rear sail panel structure , my interior panels aren't cut out for them. I have a fastback but the upper bolt should be in the same location, just rear of where the door window ends, you might be overlooking it. I believe the shoulder belt was in all 68's. I don't have a pic of the installation from the inside but if you need I can post one tonight

this is all I've got right now

20160623_192039.jpg

thanks,all 4 are recovered 2002 neon/rears were modified for the tubs

thanx 68, I guess my problem is that mines a 67 FB and they were only an option in 67 and mine didn't get that check mark so there aren't any factory mounts along the roof rail. nice seats!!

ohhh! I had to reread the posts, have you checked a service manual? Thanks on the seats

There's a lot of place that resell the same 3 point belts. And they have a WIDE variety of prices.

Do you homework. Compare pictures. And don't forget you can sell the same part with different advertised part numbers and call it "custom".

-
Back