300 Cfm heads Horsepower

-
Johnny, what are your 1/8 mile incrementals?

Johnny, what are your 1/8 mile incrementals?

We run quarter mile, so I really only look at them to check from run to run. 6.6 ish if I remember right? 100 mph. Again I race it from April to Oct. So...its not like im chasing ets, or it runs completely identical over a 6 month period. Dont have a time slip in front of me. Im running a 727 still and footbrake. I have bracket raced since I was 16, and have run a super pro rail deep into the 7's. Im hoping the question isn't more implications that im being dishonest and/or my car is an underperforming waste. My math shows it pretty much does what it should, and that's good enough for me.

How much horsepower can be be made on a set of heads that flow 300 Cfm
I know there is a lot of different combo I'm talking about a well setup pump gas
engine that is at the track more then the street

Well this is well set up pump gas 423.5 that is run on the street and never at the strip.............yet.

Heads are in the 290's.

555 lb-ft at 4,800 rpm and 597 hp at 6,200 rpm.

Well this is well set up pump gas 423.5 that is run on the street and never at the strip.............yet.

Heads are in the 290's.

555 lb-ft at 4,800 rpm and 597 hp at 6,200 rpm.

Well congrats on your 9.20's car according to the calculators the above boys use;) lol :cheers::D

We run quarter mile, so I really only look at them to check from run to run. 6.6 ish if I remember right? 100 mph. Again I race it from April to Oct. So...its not like im chasing ets, or it runs completely identical over a 6 month period. Dont have a time slip in front of me. Im running a 727 still and footbrake. Im hoping the question isn't more implications that im being dishonest and/or my car is an underperforming waste. My math shows it pretty much does what it should, and that's good enough for me.

Nothing implied, I don't have any skin in it so it really makes no difference to me. Actually I was just curious as we don't run the 1/4 here. My car is atreet/strip, foot braked 727 on pump 93.

-
Back