302 casting or 915 for 71 360 ???

-

twotone68

lifetime mopar man
Reaction score
I Have Just purchased An original 71 360 with 20,000 original miles!!!! it Spins freely. Replacing my 75 318 in my 68 dart sedan.I Have a set of Fresh 302 86 swirl ports with larger intake valves and little stiffer springs.no porting. The 360 I Know has stock 1.88/1.60 915 heads. i Have a new set of 1.5 roller rockers to go on them.The cam out of the 318 is Hughes 318 muscle car cam,.486 int./.514 exh. hyd. new weiand stealth intake,quick fuel 680 vacuum second.mopar electronic ign.revenator box,pertronix coil,aluminum case o.d. 833,4.10 gears. this is my daily driver. not trying to go drag racing. I want strong streetable power from this low mileage 360. Installing a hv oil pump n double row timimg set. TTI headers,x pipe,delta flows tips out the back. Soo With all This said. What Are Your suggestions on the heads??? Should I Port either pair??All Suggestions greatly Appreciated !!!:prayer:

everyone will says port them, but I say run them almost as is, just clean up the bowl casting line and make sure the bigger valve seat blends in. The closed chamber will add needed compression top the 360 dished pistons. Velocity equals torque in the ports. Hogged out ports will hurt torque 90% of the time.

I Have Just purchased An original 71 360 with 20,000 original miles!!!! it Spins freely. Replacing my 75 318 in my 68 dart sedan.I Have a set of Fresh 302 86 swirl ports with larger intake valves and little stiffer springs.no porting. The 360 I Know has stock 1.88/1.60 915 heads. i Have a new set of 1.5 roller rockers to go on them.The cam out of the 318 is Hughes 318 muscle car cam,.486 int./.514 exh. hyd. new weiand stealth intake,quick fuel 680 vacuum second.mopar electronic ign.revenator box,pertronix coil,aluminum case o.d. 833,4.10 gears. this is my daily driver. not trying to go drag racing. I want strong streetable power from this low mileage 360. Installing a hv oil pump n double row timimg set. TTI headers,x pipe,delta flows tips out the back. Soo With all This said. What Are Your suggestions on the heads??? Should I Port either pair??All Suggestions greatly Appreciated !!!:prayer:

Daily driver, agreed with Oldkimmer & Pishta. Should be ,a strong combination.

Thank You all or Your Imput. You Have made my Decision Soo Much easier And Given me More knowledge!!!!

everyone will says port them, but I say run them almost as is, just clean up the bowl casting line and make sure the bigger valve seat blends in. The closed chamber will add needed compression top the 360 dished pistons. Velocity equals torque in the ports. Hogged out ports will hurt torque 90% of the time.

If his 360 is a real 71 and still has the original 71 pistons, they will not be dished.

If his 360 is a real 71 and still has the original 71 pistons, they will not be dished.

True on that, and if it were me, and the engine had a real only 20k miles on it, I wouldn't even remove the heads, id throw some new valve stem seals on it and put a mild cam in there and call it a day. No reason to put unported 318 heads on there. JMHO

True on that, and if it were me, and the engine had a real only 20k miles on it, I wouldn't even remove the heads, id throw some new valve stem seals on it and put a mild cam in there and call it a day. No reason to put unported 318 heads on there. JMHO

x2.

Puzackly.

Thank You All Very Much. But Ypou See All The Parts i Mntioned Above Are Already running in my 318 right now. soo Switching all the power making parts over for more street fun and to keep those pesky imports and newer muscle cars from aking me look bad all the time. might get a set of summer drag radials afterthis swap for a little insurance ??? He,he,he,he !!!

-
Back