318 4 bbl and intake upgrade

-
Let me make myself more clear on this, if you convert to a 4 barrel carburetor and just bolt it on then it's at least a 15 horsepower gain, if you properly tuned it, it's good for a 25 horsepower gain. Either way, the modifications that I mentioned will make more than the 17 horsepower that you mentioned. Tuning is where it's at
Your numbers are totally Arbitrary and dependent on engine size, condition and tuners ability. IMO, you lack experience.

Your numbers are totally Arbitrary and dependent on engine size, condition and tuners ability. IMO, you lack experience.
Looking for suggestions for best intake and 4 bbl carb upgrade for a 1969 Barracuda 318. Not looking for anything radical just want to move from the stock 2 bbl to a 4
IMO, I suggest that you read the rules for pure stock racing, these guys get impressive results and they have to use factory carb, intake, cylinder heads and the cam has to have the factory lift but there is leeway on the duration that you can run,there's articles on what tricks they use to get the power that they do.I don't remember the guy's name but his 1973 340 duster has ran a 13.98 et at just under 99 mph. Another book for great information is mopars engine builder's manual, it's like 650 pages and covers everything from the slant 6 to the 426 hemi. As far as my experience, I may not have as much as some people on here but I do have some knowledge and as usual no body agrees with me on anything. The pure stock guys have some strong running cars

Looking for suggestions for best intake and 4 bbl carb upgrade for a 1969 Barracuda 318. Not looking for anything radical just want to move from the stock 2 bbl to a 4

Edelbrock Performer with an Edelbrock 600cfm

IMO, I know that NO one else will agree with me here, but since you're leaving it pretty much stock, a 600 cfm carburetor is plenty along with a good dual plane intake, good flowing exhaust system, curve kit for the distributor and your good to go. I also posted some other information for you to read. Not everyone needs or wants big carburetors.

IMO, I know that NO one else will agree with me here, but since you're leaving it pretty much stock, a 600 cfm carburetor is plenty along with a good dual plane intake, good flowing exhaust system, curve kit for the distributor and your good to go. I also posted some other information for you to read. Not everyone needs or wants big carburetors.
Who said anything about a "big" carburetor? I never did. You sure do presume a hell of a lot. Quite incorrectly, in fact.

I agree with you a 100%. When I suggested that or even the 500 cfm, people say that I don't know what I'm talking about.

You've posted around 20 times on this thread, and have become redundant. Post your recommendation, and move on. No need to beat a dead horse.

I agree with you a 100%. When I suggested that or even the 500 cfm, people say that I don't know what I'm talking about.
Actually, you were the first one to say somebody's post was wrong. You did it first on the first page. And it was me... LOL. Now, I'll say it again, I suggest a 3310 Holley. :)

Actually, you were the first one to say somebody's post was wrong. You did it first on the first page. And it was me... LOL. Now, I'll say it again, I suggest a 3310 Holley. :)
And again, that is a "big" carburetor that can be made to work, because of the type it is. I can tune one to run well on a slant 6.

And again, that is a "big" carburetor that can be made to work, because of the type it is. I can tune one to run well on a slant 6.
Geez I sold a lot of those back in the late 70's. Great carb for sure.

Geez I sold a lot of those back in the late 70's. Great carb for sure.
3310 is so universal. Neighbor put one on his Maxi Van, ran and performed great. I ran them on stock 318's, ran perfect and performed great. They'll run and perform good on a 383 Road runner, 440 New Yorker, 318 Duster, or a 360 van.

3310 is so universal. Neighbor put one on his Maxi Van, ran and performed great. I ran them on stock 318's, ran perfect and performed great. They'll run and perform good on a 383 Road runner, 440 New Yorker, 318 Duster, or a 360 van.
They only use what the engine needs.
Not that it makes any difference but the originals were 780's If I remember correctly from 50 years ago.

They only use what the engine needs.
Not that it makes any difference but the originals were 780's If I remember correctly from 50 years ago.
yep, about 28 years ago I ran a 780 on my 318. IF you had 2 metering bodies, you had the "performance version" :)

The 3310 would not be my go to for a smaller motor like a 318, but if that's what I had, I'd make it work. It's not difficult.

The 3310 would not be my go to for a smaller motor like a 318, but if that's what I had, I'd make it work. It's not difficult.
I wonder how the primaries compare to a T quad? Larger I bet.

i always thought a 3310 was the best carb i ever ran on a 383. and back in the day my mom bought a brand new 73 duster 318 and like all mopars of the time those carters were junk a 500 cfm holley 2 barrel with a 50cc pump would wake up a 318 all else being stock

Hypocritical post

-
Back