318 Build For Now

-
Thats great news! I was poised to mention a precess called stitching which uses no heat. Normally it is used on rare blocks,but I guess in your case it was cheaper than finding another block. And hey,too bad your not closer. I have a 360 block in my garage you could have for $50.

Wel; the owner of the shop grew up with my dad and has known me since I was born so I had a little bit of a diccount.He said 50 bucks and I had to help him(learn).

This is a cheap build

Then plan on manifolds or driving around speed bumps, other road hazards, and gravel roads. I think there are some shorty headers available, might look into those.

I'll add if you plan a better motor, the Doug's or TTI's are worth the money up front. Look for used, they pop up from time to time.

i have cheap *** long tube super competition hooker headers on my V8 in my 73 duster, they dont leak, they dont burn wires, they dont scrape , the plugs are easy to get to , and after 1 1/2 years, the paint still looks great. i have pics to prove they are not bashed in, in fact, they are un-touched in the bottom. as long as you dont drop your k frame 2 inches off the ground, they will be fine. i drive this car everyday in the city, and in the sticks. i even forgot they hang a little low and i have never scraped them.

Yeah as long as you run at the stock ride height, you won't have a problem with the cheap long tubes....unless you're jumpin ditches like the Duke boys.

i have cheap *** long tube super competition hooker headers on my V8 in my 73 duster, they dont leak, they dont burn wires, they dont scrape , the plugs are easy to get to , and after 1 1/2 years, the paint still looks great. i have pics to prove they are not bashed in, in fact, they are un-touched in the bottom. as long as you dont drop your k frame 2 inches off the ground, they will be fine. i drive this car everyday in the city, and in the sticks. i even forgot they hang a little low and i have never scraped them.

Were did you get them

I agree, they can be used. But what a headache they can become when smashed. Around here, they wouldn't last long even trying to not hurt them. Just piece of mind. Like you said, otherwise they are a good header.

just to give you a little peace of mind and what to expect, here is how high my car sits in the front, the headers are 4" off the ground, the k member is 6" . the car has 14" wheels in front. get some good shocks in the front. i am also still using my slant six front end.

Attachments

• d279.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 182
  • kmem.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 185
  • kmem1.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 215
Looks what the UPS man brought.I got everything but the carb its in the mail still.

IMG_1966.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

-
Back