318 cam change

-
You can either do it right now, or do it over later....

Also, there are "way" better cams to choose from. Jes sayin.

67 valiant 100 automatic two door , with wilwood brakes and mini tubbed rear end . Sorry guys but had no luck posting pictures so far .

How does any of that describe your combo?

Also I just bought brand new performer inlet and four barrel carb true roller timing set and some used exhaust headers plus a new pro flow air filter

What kind of compression are you running? How are you going to drive it? Street? Strip?

What trans? Converter?

Axle ratio?

What year and model car is it in?

We need the info to be able to help you...

Standard trans I took it out last year and had it checked over including the tork converter due to a pinging noise turned out to be the front uj on prop the trans shifts fine . I haven't checked the date code yet but it is or was stock318 two barrel . As for compression who knows . I'm not out to to win at the drags I just want to wake it up a bit 😃

How do u work out the axle ratio can I count the turns of the wheel to one turn of the prop or something ?

Blimey....
If it is limited slip, then you do just that, except the other way around: count the turns of the prop to 1 turn of either wheel; make sure both wheel turn together in the same direction.
If it is not a limited slip axle, then jack up one side and turn that wheel 1 full turn and count the prop turns and multiply that by 2.

Standard trans I took it out last year and had it checked over including the tork converter due to a pinging noise turned out to be the front uj on prop the trans shifts fine . I haven't checked the date code yet but it is or was stock318 two barrel . As for compression who knows . I'm not out to to win at the drags I just want to wake it up a bit ��

A standard transmission with a "tork" converter?

Excuse my spelling and punctuation , I've never done much writing in my life . Thanks for the info on the diff nm9 i will have a look Tuesday evening . Both wheels go the same way but the axle is from a 80 s ford it was fitted before my ownership .

Are headers the same for manual steering and power , I've got non power does that mean I have more room it looks very close !

Excuse my spelling and punctuation , I've never done much writing in my life . Thanks for the info on the diff nm9 i will have a look Tuesday evening . Both wheels go the same way but the axle is from a 80 s ford it was fitted before my ownership .

Post a pic of it.

Blimey....
If it is limited slip, then you do just that, except the other way around: count the turns of the prop to 1 turn of either wheel; make sure both wheel turn together in the same direction.
If it is not a limited slip axle, then jack up one side and turn that wheel 1 full turn and count the prop turns and multiply that by 2.

Or just turn the wheel TWICE and count the shaft LOL

Are headers the same for manual steering and power , I've got non power does that mean I have more room it looks very close !

I believe some headers will fit power and manual just not sure which ones. If you can find a part number on yours you might be able to google it and figure out what they fit.

I wasn't very clear. My apologies. I wasn't talking about the spelling. I meant that a "standard" transmission over here means one with a clutch, hence no converter. That's what I was questioning.

So far, we still have no answers.

Once more.

Transmission TYPE? Standard (manual) or automatic? If an auto is it a stock torque converter?

When you find out the approximate rear end gear, please post up. Thanks.

-
Back