318 exhaust size

-
454 lift/272 adv. dur.
It was part of the low dollar 318 build.....
I have used this intake duration cam from a couple of sources with excellent results on mild hop up engine builds.

318WR used it wth, IMO, excellent results and considering his restraints of dollar limits, it was a great job.

If you can move beyond the restraints that were self imposed, I would just recommend some gear like a 3.21/3.23 - 3.55 ratio. Wider tires and rear suspension help.
Anything further would be really well prepared heads.

That low cam duration will still work with the stock converter so you can save money on that and retain decent mileage while making good everyday driver power that will get up and go nicely.

Our long time missing member from the beginning days of FABO, Mike Beck (who is doing well by the way) ran his Duster into the mid 12's with the Crane version, 272/284 -.454/.480/112

My 273 has the Jegs cam(It looks like Summit and Jegs get them from the same vendor) #200161 with a Advertised Duration int 276 exh 286 and a gross lift of .441/.441. Just another $100 cam kit that works well. Sounds good,and good fuel economy for a cruiser.

the magnum manifolds aren't quite as big as the 340 manifolds. wish they would have tried the manifolds that i used to machine out to a little over 2 1/4". that would have been interesting!!

treblig

Treblig, are the x18 casting big mouth 1 year only magnums as big as the 68 340's? Sure have a better than than the driver side.

Treblig, are the x18 casting big mouth 1 year only magnums as big as the 68 340's? Sure have a better than than the driver side.
There is no magnum manifold that is as large as the 340. That's the reason that I started machining the magnum manifolds, to make them as large as the 340 manifolds. The XXX18 passenger will have a hole (like the XXX19 driver) that is close to the 340 (2 1/8"). But the XXX18 was not one year only, it was used in 92 and 93. Also the XXX18 passenger manifold exits close to the fire wall in an A body, they will work but they transfer more heat to the passenger floorboard.

Treblig

cool. Thats what I got and will mount them backwards to feed a 2 into 1 turbo inlet.

-
Back