318 head flow

-
Sir you have no knowledge of 675 heads what so ever.

They come 68cc's, all the talk and printed literature of 675 heads is complete and utter Bullshit.

Hey also have more flow potential than the 302 head because the closed chamber of the 302 head shrouds flow.

If you want quench, then sacrifice some flow and run the 302 head...or just buy some quench dome pistons and run 675 heads...and in reality some can argue that the quench head piston can disrupt a lil bit of the flow too.
But...is quench really all that makes power?? No.

Btw 302 heads have the same damn exhaust ports as the 675's, why in the Hell are people coming on this site spewing bs???

You all might want to read my 318 porting thread...

Look I wasnt trying to start an argument or "spew bs". I was just sharing some info that I had. That's what this sites for..

Your right I don't know much about those heads. I had thought I knew something but apparently I was given the wrong info too. I had posted later saying that I had never cc'd the head and I had got my info off of hear and moparts.

Use 88% when opening up the bowls. 1.880 valve will need a bowl of 1.654 and a 1.600 valve will need 1.408 . We use 88% for street / strip and bracket cars and have gone as large as 93% on Pro Stock heads. I dont feel there is enough material left under the seats @ 93% to support the seats for anything more than a few passes, but PS engines are freshened after every meet anyway. Also I will mention it is beneficial to back cut the valves, an inexpensive mod but will pick up the flow under .300/.350 lift range a BUNCH !! It will get the 'moving colume of air' moving sooner in the lift cycle . and that is a good thing. Wedge chamber heads want 30 degrees and Hemi chambers will want 35 to 37 degrees . I find 37 works for me but some hemi heads will want 35 or 36 , you will have to flow them to see. I use 37 on Suzuki's and Kawasaki's . If you dont have access to flow testing use 37 degrees you will be close enough. On our Mopar wedge heads , ALWAYS 30 degrees, your engine will thank you !

Terry

Sir you have no knowledge of 675 heads what so ever.

They come 68cc's, all the talk and printed literature of 675 heads is complete and utter Bullshit.

Hey also have more flow potential than the 302 head because the closed chamber of the 302 head shrouds flow.

If you want quench, then sacrifice some flow and run the 302 head...or just buy some quench dome pistons and run 675 heads...and in reality some can argue that the quench head piston can disrupt a lil bit of the flow too.
But...is quench really all that makes power?? No.

Btw 302 heads have the same damn exhaust ports as the 675's, why in the Hell are people coming on this site spewing bs???

You all might want to read my 318 porting thread...
Im doing a similar project now. The heads i have are on a 273 and are 68cc, im using race pistons for a GM Holden that has the same bore. I will be making raised head pistons from these.
The heads i have i need to have another look at the numbers but dont seem to ring a bell.
However the valve bowls actually tulip bowl down to the valves so to me they are more than capable only needing a small amount to bring these up to whats needed. There are photos on the thread, another 273 piston option

-
Back