318 stroker

-
I have a 318 and a 360 sitting in my shop. I plan to build one to finish my Duster. I'm really thinking about the 318,(I know before everyone jumps on me,the 360 makes more sense). There is just something about having a "318" that will make loads of power!! Besides,I kinda like to have something a little differant.

Getting a 318 into the low 13's on the street makes for a great lil'power plant and bench racing talk. It is not hard to produce such a 318 and still have it very streetable.

Running into the 12's gets a little dicey on streetabilty, depending on who you are and willing to tolorate.

.........He Rumble, i fail to see how u get 10.-1 ........................kim.........

Find a comp. ratio calc and run some numbers.

At what compression ratio Craig?

A 10-1 ratio would be a 72 cc head and a .054 gasket with the slug down .125. Food for thought.

.........He Rumble, i fail to see how u get 10.-1 ........................kim.........

Not to stir up trouble, but I don't see 10:1 either with that size chamber with the pistons down .125 either. Even considering flat tops with no valve reliefs, I end up with like 8.2:1.

At zero deck with everything else as you specified I get about 10:1, depending on the size of the valve cut outs.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-01-06 at 11.37.59 PM.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 137
Na, no trouble, all is good here. I thought I typed in the numbers right, and I can see, I did not.

Desk Top Dyno sim for the calc's.

Thanks Kimmer, BluNBlu.

It may just be me Craig but I had so many stock 318's growing up that just the word means ordinary, say 340 and WOW !! That is Hipo !!

I am currently planning on building the underdog myself. I'm pulling the rest of my tools together needed for the job. 318 block will be next.

I like the idea of a stroked 318.

I have built one. It's a Magnum 390 with Maggy R/T 1.92 heads, and 11.0:1 compression. All forged bottom end.

It is going into my Dart in about a month. I had it in a '97 Dakota 4x4, and it went 12.90's all day on a 150 shot of spray. On motor alone, it went mid 13's. All on street tires.

Craig, a few years back I had the numbers matching 318 block stroked in my Challenger.
Used a Hughes stroker kit with Magnum style heads, crane cam. The thing runs great you will not be disappointed!

I'm planning on doing a 392 with my #s matching 318 as well Craig , the 100% #s thing with a teen is worth nothing in the collectors world , a 450/450 stroker will bring a bigger resale than a #s 318 any day , anywhere . the 340 is a cooler motor to say you have but talk is talk and power is power , I've got the big power 410 but sneaking the #s motor back in as a stocker while really making stroked power is a cool way to smoke a few of my BowTie buddies eh !

I think that is the way I will go.. I can take my time because I have the 340 in it now and that will last me a while. I will take my time researching and collecting parts.. Maybe I can pick-up a stroker kit in Carlise for a deal!

-
Back