318 to 440 dart.

-
I will email them thanks
Just ordered my mounts from shuhmacher very nice gal very helpful as I have throat cancer and very difficult to understand on the phone be here in 2 to 4 days and gave me 20 percent off what a gal Thanks a bunch guys we will get through this ......

Will the stock oil pan work I have a milodon on the motor now 7 qt know that bad boy won't fit to put the 440 in the Cuda

Love my BB A-body! Went Schumacher route with what they called a 'Magnum' mount at the time (I believe the Polylocs are the replacement for those now) and their torque strap just for good measure. Agree with the shim kit. I have /6 K and with the mod that has to be done to the driver side perch on those, I later welded in a 1/4" plate that served as both a shim and reinforcement.

Will the stock oil pan work I have a milodon on the motor now 7 qt know that bad boy won't fit to put the 440 in the Cuda

There is said to be a stock pan that will work.

THE pan to get is the milodon 7qt road race pan

I'm in the process of a 440 a body myself. Schumacher is the way to go imo. Do yourself a favor and take your time. Do your research. Ask questions and have fun with it. It won't be as easy as a small block project, but imo so much cooler!

Thank You very much will check it out
I'm in the process of a 440 a body myself. Schumacher is the way to go imo. Do yourself a favor and take your time. Do your research. Ask questions and have fun with it. It won't be as easy as a small block project, but imo so much cooler!
im in the beginning stage checking parts not Cheap project for sure but I'm hanging in there mines still got a running 318 904 and 7 1/4 in it going to pull after 1 st of the year I'm getting a lot of help on here just having trouble navigating the site thanks man

Don't forget to take lots of pictures! We loves us some pictures on this site!

I agree on lots of pics. I used a 8 QT morose pan on the 440 I put in my 73 dart. The short block that I used in my 440 came out of 66 Plymouth B-body

I agree on lots of pics. I used a 8 QT morose pan on the 440 I put in my 73 dart. The short block that I used in my 440 came out of 66 Plymouth B-body
So your saying the deep square sump might work I didn't have much clearance on my 63 dodge b body

So your saying the deep square sump might work I didn't have much clearance on my 63 dodge b body

I can't say for 100 percent but it should. Also I think in 1966 they moved the engines back.
Also just remembered the morose pan I had on the 440 in my 65 Plymouth B-Body fit right in my 73 Dodge Dart.

It's on been on hold for a few months due to family obligations. Click on the blue "Resurecting Moms Duster" link at the bottom of the post.

I was going with the transdapt mounts. Exactly the same as the Schumacher mounts of half the price :)
Works out great fitment for the 383. I´m using stock HP Manifolds and have enough clearance on passanger side.

Go for it!:thumbsup:

Don't forget to take lots of pictures! We loves us some pictures on this site!
I was going with the transdapt mounts. Exactly the same as the Schumacher mounts of half the price :)
Works out great fitment for the 383. I´m using stock HP Manifolds and have enough clearance on passanger side.

Go for it!:thumbsup:
siunds like your well on ypur way hope it's a smooth ride Thanks

If I put a straight axel and motor plate with vega steering box do I need my k member

Anyone needing mounts I have a set of Schumacher mounts with less than 10 miles on them....$120 plus shipping

Here is one fitted to a Aussie 70 Valiant, we stripped the K frame and made our own mounts to suit, left side solid and set it up closer to centre. Pipes where going to be a big problem as our steering is on the right so went for Headman Header fenderwells. All good and have just run a 9.99 and we can still drive on the street a little.

IMG_3119_zpshvbgpegr.jpg

Here is one fitted to a Aussie 70 Valiant, we stripped the K frame and made our own mounts to suit, left side solid and set it up closer to centre. Pipes where going to be a big problem as our steering is on the right so went for Headman Header fenderwells. All good and have just run a 9.99 and we can still drive on the street a little.

View attachment 1715001879
Swwet

Just swapped a 440 into my Demon back in July/August. Blew the 318 up and had the 440 waiting on the stand. I rigged up my own mounts due to lack of budget and wanting to get the car rolling again asap. passenger side has a truck mount with 2x6 tubing and drivers is a chunk of 2x6 tubing. When money permits I will be changing the mounts up to the Transdapt mounts just to clean up the look. My biggest issue with the swap was making a 4 speed work with it. Modifying the Zbar and making all that work smoothly was tough and isn't perfect yet. The car is loads of fun to drive, especially compared to a 318. Good luck on your build and forget the "stick with the small block" guys. (no offense to those guys, to each their own) I got the same run around on the web and here locally. Now that it is done everyone thinks its pretty damn cool.

There is said to be a stock pan that will work.

THE pan to get is the milodon 7qt road race pan

Is the road race pan rectangular like a pro-touring or dragster pan? If so, that will only work with an aftermarket k-member. You might already know that, just wanted to make sure the original poster knows that.

On my current street car I went with a nice motor plate from AR-Engineering, 400/500" low deck, and 1.75" B-body underchassis headers. The motor plate allows more room to work on headers and starter but it does rattle the car more on the street, which doesn't bother me. I also cut the factory motor mount stands off the K-member so they're gone and out of the way.

20130819_205108.jpg

On my current street car I went with a nice motor plate from AR-Engineering, 400/500" low deck, and 1.75" B-body underchassis headers. The motor plate allows more room to work on headers and starter but it does rattle the car more on the street, which doesn't bother me. I also cut the factory motor mount stands off the K-member so they're gone and out of the way.

View attachment 1715003297

That looks killer! What happened to the oil filter?

That looks killer! What happened to the oil filter?

Thanks! When I was building the car I had a cheap new oil filter on the shelf for a Durango, so I used it just for mockup and of course some internet dummies had to crucify me for racing with that oil filter(I never even used it), so I had to hide it in the photo. I only use a WIX-51515 filter on my car.

-
Back