318 to 440 dart.

-
On my current street car I went with a nice motor plate from AR-Engineering, 400/500" low deck, and 1.75" B-body underchassis headers. The motor plate allows more room to work on headers and starter but it does rattle the car more on the street, which doesn't bother me. I also cut the factory motor mount stands off the K-member so they're gone and out of the way.

View attachment 1715003297
Man that looks nice great job

On my current street car I went with a nice motor plate from AR-Engineering, 400/500" low deck, and 1.75" B-body underchassis headers. The motor plate allows more room to work on headers and starter but it does rattle the car more on the street, which doesn't bother me. I also cut the factory motor mount stands off the K-member so they're gone and out of the way.

Nice job! I have the same setup except mine's a 451 ;) and I used bushings as shown on the BBD tech pages. Not so much vibration (but still plenty!)

P5250223.jpg

P5250229.jpg

P5250230.jpg

These are very nice but when I look for parts not much luck on a 65 cuda everything is 67 and up I did find motor mounts from Schumacher

So your saying the deep square sump might work I didn't have much clearance on my 63 dodge b body
This pic is not the greatest, but it shows the oil pan that was in the 66 plymouth B-Body short block I bought. Also this pic is with the TTI 2x3-1/2 headers installed in my 73 dodge dart

14828980862391177689279.jpg

Nice job! I have the same setup except mine's a 451 ;) and I used bushings as shown on the BBD tech pages. Not so much vibration (but still plenty!)

I like that! Is that a kit or did you have to make it? A few months ago I saw a local Duster with that type of mount on the HDK k-member but I figured it was all custom made.
That has to help with vibrations compared to being mounted solid.

I like that! Is that a kit or did you have to make it? A few months ago I saw a local Duster with that type of mount on the HDK k-member but I figured it was all custom made.
That has to help with vibrations compared to being mounted solid.

I had to make all the pieces except the bushings, but it's not hard to do with angle stock.

P5250224.jpg

On the oil pan. I used a 1967-70 CHRYSLER 383 440 NEW YORKER NEWPORT PLYMOUTH DODGE 187 PART 300. Sorry, the picture is small

p.jpg

On the oil pan. I used a 1967-70 CHRYSLER 383 440 NEW YORKER NEWPORT PLYMOUTH DODGE 187 PART 300. Sorry, the picture is small

View attachment 1715011871
You have to watch on the oil pans. Some cars the steering arm will hit even if the notch is there. A little modification and it works ok or the motor may need shimmed up a little.

Thanks for all the info in this thread.... Just about to start building a 440/6 for a 70-72 Swinger.

Nice car 440dart1971. You my want to put a Schumacher torque strap on with the motor mounts.

It's kind of hard to weld an aluminum motor plate to steel frame rails :D
(Or were you referring to welding the steel brackets to the rails... I'm a better driller/bolter than welder, and it's desirable to keep the motor attached to the frame!)

Also I wanted a little bit of vibration isolation rather than everything mounted solid...

Awesome car Bob. Hey wear did you get the firewall plugs from?

Just chrome hole-plugs from local hardware store. My buddy made aluminum covers for the large holes and the wiper cover.

-
Back